SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody,
Back in the world of Saab again ? just wondering has anyone removed the oil pan on a 93 ttid 2008? Need to the oil pick pipe seal (low oil pressure for a second on first cold start of the day) Is it pretty easy or anyone have any photos or links for doing it.?

Thanks a million
Podge:)

·
Super Moderator
9,061 Posts
Welcome..what's the mileage ,what oil is being used,i'd be changing the op switch 1st..

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I only have it about two or so weeks so haven't serviced it yet. Is 5w30 fully synthetic ok or should it be 0w40? Spoke to two Saab people and they seem to think this seal is the most common thing to cause a problem apparently it goes hard and the oil leaks back overnight leading to a slight drop in pressure then on first start up. But yes I suppose the switch and service be easiest thing to do first.

·
Super Moderator
9,061 Posts
Been on these boards 15yrs never heard that before to do with the seal..Oil leaks back into the sump as soon as you stop the engine,always has...does it do it every time or just every now and again..Back in the 90's I had a cavalier that if I went round a swooping left hand bent on a road I travelled every day back then the oil pressure light would glow,new op switch problem gone...

Change the op switch and report back..

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Only does it on the first start of the day could start it 10times and be grand or leave it few hours be grand low oil pressure make safe stop comes on for a second then goes off. The op switch would prob be easiest option plus service and see how it goes ??

1 - 6 of 6 Posts