SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! Happy Holidays to everyone!

I somehow managed to create a bigger mess when attempting to fix a minor problem.

Intial problem: front passenger window will not roll up completely. It falls short by an 1-3 inches. A faint sound like a motor struggling can be heard when opening or closing.

I removed the number 5 fuse, then reinserted. :D

Results: Engine won't crank and there is no sound. Lights work and radio comes on. The display for settings is dark. Power windows won't work. Gear shift won't budge. Brake feels like its set in concrete now. Elvis has left the building. :cool:

Heehee ;oops:
Removed the positive and negative cables from the battery for an hour hoping to reset the computer. Still the engine won't crank.

Any tips or words of wisdom other than don't quit your day job?

·
Registered
191 Posts
Wow, that's a new one! LOL Hard to imagine that just pulling a fuse could accomplish all that! :lol:

I'm thinking you've got some sort of dead short somewhere, or your battery is completely dead. Do you have a battery tester, or at least a charger?

Assuming this #5 fuse is for power windows? Is there a chance that you disconnected or damaged another fuse or wiring when you were removing it?

On the window problem, I'm sure there is something in that window actuator assembly that is binding. You'll need to pop off the inner door panel to see what's going on in there... Hope you get her fixed soon!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts