SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Per a previous posting I was advised to use the Blinker Fuse (Emergency Flashers) to Add-a-Circuit to my cigarette lighters so they would be active with the key out of the ignition and with the phone charger plugged in.
This was a pretty simple do with our new 9 3 by using Fuse 11 (diagnostic) and replacing the 30 amp in the cigarette lighter fuse with a 10 amp and connecting the two.
I called the dealer and no one seems to know????.
No such easy path on the 9 5 as there seems to be no dedicated diagnostic 10 amp fuse and I can't use trailer fuse as I have a hitch wire set up.
Any suggestion would be appreciated

G

·
Excerpt from the WIS:

Hazard warning lights
The hazard warning lights are activated by the hazard warning light switch on the instrument panel regardless of the ignition switch position. Voltage is supplied to the direction indicators via DICE.

Pin 22 on the control module is always supplied with +30 via fuse 16. When the hazard warning light switch is activated, the contact is closed and pin 3 of the control module is grounded through the switch (25).
The control module then delivers voltage pulses to the indicator lamp in question from:

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Hi Wulf:
Thanks for you info, but does that mean I can use #16 fuse to add a 10 amp circuit to the cigrette ligher fuse. I would switch the lighter fuse from 30 to 10 as I will only use to charge the phone which only requires a 10 amp. Thus, I propose keeping the #16 fuse, adding a ten with the add-a-circuit coupling and route the line down to the lighter fuse with incert an ad-a-circuit with only a 10 amp installed, thus I would have full power to the lighters ingition on or off.
Think that will work?
Thanks,
mike

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Finished it. Used the drivers seat motor fuse whhich is on all the time. Now both my 12 amp outlets are on all the time and I can keep my phone charging when the key is out of the car.

·
Registered
610 Posts
(The 2008+ 9-5 SC puts to the test my ability to judge Wants from Needs. I REALLY want one. You're rubbing my nose in it.)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts