SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope someone can shed some light on this as I have no codes to go on. After about 5 to 10 minutes of the engine getting to operating temp, there is very poor throttle response. From a standing start it feels like I'm starting out on 3rd gear. It boosts but only to about 90 of boost range (as per gauge). When the car is still warming up I get great throttle response and it will boost all the way to the red zone. It's not the DI as I have swapped it out with a known good one when I experience the issue. I've checked all the vacuum lines and made sure that they are good by swapping them out with 4mm silicon hoses.

Any thoughts? If definitely seems to be temp sensitive. This happens on a warm day (mid 90s) or on a relatively cool day (mid to high 70s).

Thanks for any/all suggestions

·
Registered
322 Posts
How does the MAF look? I could only think it's maybe something to do with the MAF not working properly. I could say check valves and other stuff, but for whatever reason the MAF came to mind.

Even though you didn't say anything about a cel, maybe seeing if you have any codes pull up with a scanner will give you better feedback.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the suggestions. I checked with a scanner and there are no codes. Can you please send me a link to where I can find out how to check the MAF? Also steps to clean it?

Thanks again

·
Registered
5,654 Posts
If you go up top and use the search feature or the sticky's you will see a ton of info.

Then after clean it let us know how the car is doing.

Good luck

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
MAF was clean. I still sprayed it down with MAF sensor cleaner which I picked up from my local autoparts store. Still have the issue. No CEL and no codes.
Called up the dealership and they were no help - just warned me about the $120/hr rate they will hit me with if I brought it in and no guarantees the problem will get resolved. Very frustrating.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Check the o-ring between the intake boot and throttle body, if it's worn flat it can cause poor throttle response, bucking, hesitation etc..

Also, test your crankshaft position sensor.

Have you checked to make sure the throttle body isn't in "limp" mode? Google it, there is a very easy way to check. Although I'm not sure if that's something that has changed on newer Saabs like your's.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Brandon002,
I'll check the O-ring. As for the "limp home" mode. I checked and it is not in that mode. This issue only occurs after the engine gets up to operating temp for a about 10 minutes. Before then, car has a bunch of acceleration.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts