SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
31,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.canadiandriver.com/articles/mc/08_9-3.htm

"Fit and finish
Everything was going so well. Tactile feel, gaps, and overall fit and finish were beyond expectations. (GM needs to learn more Swedeglish!) Perhaps the design-by-committee contribution was the staples found holding the console cover hide in place. I used to do things like this on my Chevelle, back in the day."

Gasp, that's unforgivable (the staples) !! :nono;:nono;

"There is an enticing recipe of think within the confines of the Aero, one that needs to be transcribed into language that the rest of the GM divisions can understand immediately. There are minimal snigglies here, and thankfully, minimal weirdness. By the way, an all-wheel drive version is coming soon. 4.5 stars."

I hope the 4.5 stars is rated out of 5 :confused:

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Holy crap! $50kCDN?!?

Damn. Cars are expensive in Canada!

I guess the days of going across the border and bringing back a car are over, at least until the Looney falls back to its rightful place at 60 cents to the dollar.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
The staples are alot more common in cars than you'd think, I don't remember those on the cars I've test-driven, so I wouldn't be surprised if they're normally covered by a plastic piece that had fallen off on this particular test car.

·
Premium Member
31,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
402 Posts
Krieg;

It is not just the exchange rate that makes Saab more expensive in Canada. Since Saab is not manufactured in N.A.it does not come under the provisions of either the Auto Pact or N.A.Free Trade agreements. That means that Saabs entering Canada attract a lot more duties and taxes than those entering USA. I don't recall where I saw it,but about a year ago there was an article on the subject and about 17% of the 25% difference between MSRP in US and Cda was due to the higher import duties and taxes.:cry: :cry: :cry:

·
Registered
243 Posts
Did anyone else from the U.S. have a hard time reading that article? Maybe it's our poor education system that let me down... or maybe he threw in a whole lot of made up words! ;)

·
Premium Member
31,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
coldwake81 said:
Did anyone else from the U.S. have a hard time reading that article? Maybe it's our poor education system that let me down... or maybe he threw in a whole lot of made up words! ;)
Yeah, Canadianese is hard, EH ? ;)

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Yeah, Canadianese is hard, EH ?
Yes, what *is* a hoser, anyway?

And is it "nob" or "knob".

I love the South Park where all the reporters wanted to do was keep asking the Canadian Prime Minister to say "about".

·
Banned
109 Posts
sigh that americans think we talk like that. [EDIT: Inappropriate comments about Canadians]

You must think New yorkers sound funny then. And people from Michigan. Because we dont sound any different then them.

[EDIT: Inappropriate comments about Canadians]

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Lies! Bob and Doug McKenzie were from St. Catherine or something. I know. I've got "Strange Brew" on DVD. Hoser.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts