SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Sadly I'll be selling my automatic TurboX wagon, it's time to move onto something that can handle the forest roads here in Colorado a little better. I've loved this car for the nearly 4 years I've had it, it's put a smile on my face so many times. It has 207,000 miles on it, still drives great. It's taken me on a number of long trips with no issues. Lived most of it's life in the northeast, but has been in Denver, CO where it currently lives for two years.

New suspension from esaabparts around 180,000 miles. Played with a number of aftermarket setups but decided to keep it stock as I love the way it drives.
Stage 4 EBC brakes installed around 160,000 miles. Didn't love the stock stopping power, these were a bolt on fit and are amazing. Pedal feel is much improved as well as stopping power.
I installed an after market nav system from Pioneer that is Apple and Android compatible. Coupled with the Bose sound system, the stereo is great.

There's some cosmetic wear and tear on the car, as you would expect from 207,000 miles. Some paint chips, door dings, and scratches. Someone backed into me and the hood is a little cracked as a result. The front bumper is peeling pretty badly. Given all that, it still looks very good when washed and waxed.

Mechanically the car is in good shape. Just noticed what feels like a wheel bearing failing the other day, and the driver door doesn't open from the inside, both things will be taken care of before sale or the price will be reduced by the quoted repair cost.

The Bad:
The fuel gauge has never worked. It could be fixed with a new sender, but that requires dropping the rear end, not something I saw the value in. I filled it every 200-300 miles to be safe.
There is a slow coolant leak, I've bought maybe one bottle of coolant per year and refilled when the low coolant warning pops up.
Driver's seat has a tear.

What you get:
The car (obviously)
Saab TurboX wheels with Eagle LS2 tires (~3,000 miles)
Winter wheels (don't know the brand, they looked decent and were the right price) with Blizzak snow tires (~3,000 miles)
OEM Saab crossbars

Some pictures below, currently finishing up a detail and will post more/send to anyone interested once the car is spotless.

Link to an album of pictures I'll do an exterior clean when/if the snow clears up in Denver. In the album you can see the peeling paint on the front bumper, the damage to the hood, and some peeling on the steering wheel. I did my best to point out the average door ding as well as the worst. You can also the a scuff on the passenger seat and tear in the driver seat. There's some salt left in the driver's footwell and floor mat that I couldn't get out, I think a hot water extractor could do the trick.

I'm happy to provide more specific pictures if desired.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Six speed or auto?

Sadly I'll be selling my TurboX wagon, it's time to move onto something that can handle the forest roads here in Colorado a little better. I've loved this car for the nearly 4 years I've had it, it's put a smile on my face so many times. It has 207,000 miles on it, still drives great. It's taken me on a number of long trips with no issues. Lived most of it's life in the northeast, but has been in Denver, CO where it currently lives for two years.

New suspension from esaabparts around 180,000 miles. Played with a number of aftermarket setups but decided to keep it stock as I love the way it drives.
Stage 4 EBC brakes installed around 160,000 miles. Didn't love the stock stopping power, these were a bolt on fit and are amazing. Pedal feel is much improved as well as stopping power.
I installed an after market nav system from Pioneer that is Apple and Android compatible. Coupled with the Bose sound system, the stereo is great.

There's some cosmetic wear and tear on the car, as you would expect from 207,000 miles. Some paint chips, door dings, and scratches. Someone backed into me and the hood is a little cracked as a result. The front bumper is peeling pretty badly. Given all that, it still looks very good when washed and waxed.

Mechanically the car is in good shape. Just noticed what feels like a wheel bearing failing the other day, and the driver door doesn't open from the inside, both things will be taken care of before sale or the price will be reduced by the quoted repair cost.

The Bad:
The fuel gauge has never worked. It could be fixed with a new sender, but that requires dropping the rear end, not something I saw the value in. I filled it every 200-300 miles to be safe.
There is a slow coolant leak, I've bought maybe one bottle of coolant per year and refilled when the low coolant warning pops up.
Driver's seat has a tear.

What you get:
The car (obviously)
Saab TurboX wheels with Eagle LS2 tires (~3,000 miles)
Winter wheels (don't know the brand, they looked decent and were the right price) with Blizzak snow tires (~3,000 miles)
OEM Saab crossbars

Some pictures below, currently finishing up a detail and will post more/send to anyone interested once the car is spotless.

View attachment 271173 View attachment 271174

1 - 3 of 3 Posts