SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2006 9-7x 4.2i , 2008 9-3 2.0T
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently picked up my second Saab- a 2008 9-3 sedan from Copart (Salvage auction). The car arrived with the driver's window down and white plastic over it. I've fixed the body work on the car, and have it running and driving. I do have one problem that I can't figure out though.

None of the power controls on the drivers door work. The speaker in the door does, but that's it. The window controls, trunk release button, lock switch, and mirror controls do nothing at all. I can roll down the other three windows from their door, but not from the driver's door. I took the door panel off and checked the connections- they seem tight and I didn't notice any signs of them being wet. I did notice a lot of the wiring was wrapped in black tape, which is alarming, but I didn't see any signs of splicing or repairs to the wires themselves.

Anyways, I un-did the connectors, used electrical connector spray on them, and put them back together. I did this for all the connectors, and it accomplished nothing. A friend of mine said to check fuses #5 and 8 in the door, so I did. Both of the fuses seem fine.

I need some help with this one- I'm stumped. I'd like to get all my controls working, but if there's a way to at least get the driver's window up, I could live with it being stuck in the up position and I can live without the rest of the controls if I have to

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know I need one to replace a switch for programming. Are you referring to that, or is there a way to use the Tech2 to diagnose what’s causing the problem?

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Provide the window motor with power and ground, one direction will lift up and one down, then u can raise the window.
fuses seem ok or tested 100% ok by a test lamp ?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Provide the window motor with power and ground, one direction will lift up and one down, then u can raise the window.
fuses seem ok or tested 100% ok by a test lamp ?
I tested the two fuses with a light. They both were fine. On the window motor, there’s an electrical plug with six metal pins on it. Is that what I should be jumping, and which two pins do I give power to? I obviously don’t want to short out the motor by guessing wrong

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There is no pin marked VE in that diagram. Am I connecting to pin 2, or one of the YE pins?

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Pin 1 Positive
Pin 4 Ground
Look at the pins in the connector side from the photo and these are numbered, match them to the pins at the motor

·
Registered
7,210 Posts
You can drive window directly if you put + to pin 1 and ground to pin 4 to window motor connector. If not working, reverse polarity.
You can remove connector from driver door switchpack (8 pin connector, same as ISO connector in radio). Put + to pin 1 and ground to pin 5. If not working, reverse polarity.
Switchpack connector wires: pin 1 GN/GY (2.5mm2 wire), pin 5 YE/VT (2.5mm2 wire).

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks! I was able to get the window up by jumping the switchpack. Just in time- we're supposed to get a good rain storm tonight.

Any ideas on what's causing none of the controls to work normally? What's my best way to pinpoint that issue so I don't need a spare car battery every time I wan to use a drive-though?😁

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
At the switch pack, check u have:
good ground at pin 4 in connector J1
good ground at pin 7 in connector J2
check u have battery voltage
at pin 3 in connector J2
at pin 20 in connector J1

.. if these check out good, inspect the wiring for any signs of damage, if no damage found replace switch pack.

034F51DB-3616-48AB-B8BA-D9A408118054.jpeg
034F51DB-3616-48AB-B8BA-D9A408118054.jpeg

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts