SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys just joined here, my father is looking to buy a 9-3 facelift and he asked me to join this forum on behalf of him as he is not so good with the internet. I dont actually drive a saab myself, i am a BMW driver (hope i dont get flamed :cheesy:) but we have been looking at these new Saabs and are very impressed with them. Its a facelift Vector Sport in silver with the 1.9 TID 150 engine, we were very impressed with how torquey they are too.

Are there any particular things that we need to look out for, i.e. bad points with a 9-3, although i know they are based on the Vauxhall Vectra platform from GM so mechanical parts should be easily maintained.

Any information or advice is greatly appreciated

hope to speak to you guys soon :)

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
Welcome, nothing wrong with BMWs! Nothing really wrong with Saab 9-3s either. Not much of a following here for the the diesels though as they were never sold in the USA. I am on my third 9-3 so obviously been happy with them. My current 9-3 is a Vector like you father's. The update model (08+) had other a thousand changes to them so in many areas I feel they are superior to the early cars. They certainly feel well built in comparison.

Yes, the car is a GM product, one of the main reasons I bought my first 9-3. So a lot of common parts with other GM products. I think the TiD motor is a fiat diesel. You may find more specific info about the diesel on S A A B S C E N E forum which is UK based.

REgards, Nigel

1 - 2 of 2 Posts