SaabCentral Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
concerning radio removel I sent an email to GenenuineSaab.com about pulling my 2007 9 3 convertibles. I had asked them if there was a harness adaptor and do I need the stock radio in the car. Below is their response

"There is not one...the 93ss runs on a optical bus that is tied to the
radio so you can not replace it."

now this goes against everything I've been reading and confuses me.

twoie

·
Registered
30 Posts
keirg,

I'd like to pull my radio and go with something like the pioneer gps/BT/mp3 system. So I would take it by your response that I shouldn't have any problems

Thnaks,

twoie

·
Registered
6,410 Posts
twoie said:
I would take it by your response that I shouldn't have any problems
Depends on your skill level and what you want your dash to look like. It is definitely doable. I suppose I should add that DIY'ers have much more success in these types of installations than audio shops. They are a bit more involved and many shops don't want to take the time. Or they don't know details of the system but decide to wing it anyway.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I don't mind doing the dash face plate, but ti's the wiring that is a little scary to me. If it's just running power and tapping into a couple of wires near the Saab harness plug, then I'm not worried.

twoie

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Search the forums. People have installed the Avic.

Now that the '07 radio is a GM variant, it should be a lot easier to do than in the past, that's for sure.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts