SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The dealership says my (out of warranty) 2007 SportCombi has a dying subwoofer. It randomly thumps to its own rhythm.

They want ~$700 (ouch) to install a factory replacement (which isn't even available). I notice theSaabsite doesn't carry subwoofers either.

What are my options? Does a drop-in replacement exist that doesn't require new wiring/hassle?

Thanks for any advice.

·
Registered
643 Posts
A
The dealership says my (out of warranty) 2007 SportCombi has a dying subwoofer. It randomly thumps to its own rhythm.

They want ~$700 (ouch) to install a factory replacement (which isn't even available). I notice theSaabsite doesn't carry subwoofers either.

What are my options? Does a drop-in replacement exist that doesn't require new wiring/hassle?

Thanks for any advice.
There is some Pioneer powered subwoofer that fits in the spare wheel well, inside the spare wheel. I got it but cannot check the specs now cause I am on holiday and typing from phone. I think Pioneer made the OEM one so this might be your best bet.

Search the threads I started and there should be reference and pics of it somewhere.

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
From the WIS for the 2006 SC

The rear sub woofer is a 10 inch diameter, 4 ohm speaker. From multiple photos the Saab sub woofer part is the entire plastic subfloor with enclosed speaker, hence the ridiculously high price. There must be a way to extract the speaker from the subfloor and replace only it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts