SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everybody! and thank you for browsing, :)
the car ( it drives fine) xpt that if i try to put the shift into M- mode, while driving, it does not seem to like 4th gear?

Am i going too slow..?. normally i put it in m mode at 60-70 kph, it seems something does not want to put power to the wheels, and i feel weird vibrations and feedback,almost like bad anti lock brakes on snow, it does slowly accelerate, but I cannot foor it,

the turbo also seems to go a bit higher than it normally would, at 2,000 rpm, it seems top out, but stays up for past 2k rpm, most ive gone was 3k rpm in 4th gear,

M1, M2, M3, work fine, although M-1 M-2 seem a bit slow, probably due to not being tuned or something, (you cant even hear the turbo) , i sure wish it could , it would be a super insane car ,

maybe it has something to do with the gearing, and the fact that it would not allow the car to rev up RPM that quick.? The Engine runs fine, automatic transmission works as it should, in Auto mode,

its just M4 mode, m5 seems to be okay too, but im not 100%

Advice and/or ideas that would be greatly appreciated. or if anybody has experienced or heard of this issue before, that would be GREAT. Thanks you;ol;.

·
Super Moderator
20,436 Posts
60 kph is 37 mph. That's not good for accelerating in 4th gear. Use 3rd in that range and accelerate in 4th closer to 80kph.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
;ol;thank you, ill try that, probably on a highway, it does fly in 3rd gear though,

maybe it could be possible to get some ECU program,to tweak the torque or turbo maps , for frst and second gear :) or maybe even shift points? but that's doubtful. :nono;

·
Super Moderator
20,436 Posts
1st and 2nd are torque limited. no you cant change shift points. yes certainly get a tune.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts