2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  WiLLWiSE 
#1 ·
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Sedan Family car
Text Font
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Saab automobile Saab 9-3
Car Vehicle Engine Auto part Family car
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Saab 9-2x Saab automobile
Awesome Condition, minus the Engine

I LOVE this car. The previous owner kept this car in pristine shape. A professor in Florida, garage kept. I'm the second owner I have done my best to keep it in nice shape, as well. Not sure why the engine blew a whole in it. My guess is that antifreeze was leaking into the engine block and when I floored it to pass a semi truck the water and fire did not mix so well.

For Saab lovers this car had turned heads and yet it just looks like a simple wagon. Does not drive like one though, feels like a sports car.

Saab 9-5 Wagon, about 70,000 miles, clean, nice options like heated seats, sun roof, multi-cd player with Aux port. Regular maintenance. Recently new radiator.

I'm not sure how we would sell a car during these times and the reason I have delayed to make this post. And yet it is a perfect time for a project for someone who loves Saab and wants to replace the engine. I have found engines avail from $500 to $2500.

Vin number attached in photo if you want to look it up.

Name:
Will Wise with a Saab 9-5 wagon
Central PA. Centre Hall PAMeans of contact:
Respond to this post or email me at will@weand.me
Price:
Would love to get $2000 but Best offer
Description:
See above
Pictures:
see above and below

If you are curious here is edited little bit what I wrote about the day the engine blew happened on Feb 2, 2020:

When I saw a slow 18-wheeler followed by car, in front of me. I knew that I would pass them in order not to be late. I have Zoom-Zoom.

My Saab, Zoom-Zoom, is 13 years old but its the nicest, cleanest and fastest car I ever had. It only has 70,000 miles on it. It drives like a sports car. When I hit the accelerator the turbo kicks in, my head hits the headrest and I feel like I'm flying. (Saab made Jet engines too.) I feel lucky that I found the Saab a few years ago. It brings me joy and I often say, "Zoom-Zoom" when I get to drive it.

Except for this time. This time it was different. I see my moment to pass the car and the semi-truck. Perfectly safe. I'm in the flow. In control. Easy. I'm 1/2 way around the Semi-truck, my gas petal punched all the way the floor, and...there is... NOTHING. I mean nothing. No gas, no engine. Complete shutdown. Going 65 miles per hour. I'm in the wrong lane. I can not pull over because there is a semi-truck to my right.

I have no control.

Time slows. Awareness fully kicks in. My thoughts are something like, "Fortunately there is not a car coming directly at me; grateful for that. However, at any moment that can change." Then I saw the dance with death that this Odyssey has been. I breathe deep. I turn on the right blinker, then turn on the hazards and asked for grace, "I need help with this."

Breathe in. It is clear to me, that I have complete control. Breathe out. Even when there is no control. (I did not choice cancer but I could choose how to respond.)

As the Saab begins to slow, and the semi-truck pulls ahead, I see that I can fit between the semi-truck and the car. I sense there was an angel in the car. I think, "You are going to let me in, aren't you? Even though a moment ago I passed you?" I needed to get over on the side of the road asap. Brakes feel weak, steering is stiff. The Angel in the car gave me space as I got over. (Thank you Angel driver.)

I pulled over to the side of the road, my right tires running over last year's corn stalks. I'm pushing the brake with too much force and getting too little response. I come to a complete stop.

Stillness.

Cars zoom past.

More Stillness.

I take another breath and start the car. NOTHING.

Three more attempts...nothing.
I ask for grace, again. And the car starts. Gratitude pours out.

I push the accelerator, at 10 mph my "zoom-zoom" is now going "boom-boom." Loud. Boom. Boom. This is not right. And it sounds like I'm dragging the exhaust pipes. I pull over, thinking that exhaust is easy to fix. I jump out to look and there is nothing dragging. Under my car the only thing I see is oil pouring out from everywhere as if my engine block exploded.

Just need to make it up the short hill to the mechanic before the oil is all gone. I jump in and get the car up to the drive. Motor sounds like it is eating itself. There are more lights blinking on my dash then I have ever seen. Feeling lucky that this could have happened anywhere...and it is happening here.

The mechanic has looked at it and the photo of the hand is a photo of the part of engine block.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
View attachment 273281 View attachment 273282 View attachment 273283 View attachment 273279 View attachment 273280 View attachment 273281 View attachment 273282 View attachment 273283 Awesome Condition, minus the Engine

I LOVE this car. The previous owner kept this car in pristine shape. A professor in Florida, garage kept. I'm the second owner I have done my best to keep it in nice shape, as well. Not sure why the engine blew a whole in it. My guess is that antifreeze was leaking into the engine block and when I floored it to pass a semi truck the water and fire did not mix so well.

For Saab lovers this car had turned heads and yet it just looks like a simple wagon. Does not drive like one though, feels like a sports car.

Saab 9-5 Wagon, about 70,000 miles, clean, nice options like heated seats, sun roof, multi-cd player with Aux port. Regular maintenance. Recently new radiator.

I'm not sure how we would sell a car during these times and the reason I have delayed to make this post. And yet it is a perfect time for a project for someone who loves Saab and wants to replace the engine. I have found engines avail from $500 to $2500.

Vin number attached in photo if you want to look it up.

Name:
Will Wise with a Saab 9-5 wagon
Central PA. Centre Hall PAMeans of contact:
Respond to this post or email me at will@weand.me
Price:
Would love to get $2000 but Best offer
Description:
See above
Pictures:
see above and below

If you are curious here is edited little bit what I wrote about the day the engine blew happened on Feb 2, 2020:

When I saw a slow 18-wheeler followed by car, in front of me. I knew that I would pass them in order not to be late. I have Zoom-Zoom.

My Saab, Zoom-Zoom, is 13 years old but its the nicest, cleanest and fastest car I ever had. It only has 70,000 miles on it. It drives like a sports car. When I hit the accelerator the turbo kicks in, my head hits the headrest and I feel like I'm flying. (Saab made Jet engines too.) I feel lucky that I found the Saab a few years ago. It brings me joy and I often say, "Zoom-Zoom" when I get to drive it.

Except for this time. This time it was different. I see my moment to pass the car and the semi-truck. Perfectly safe. I'm in the flow. In control. Easy. I'm 1/2 way around the Semi-truck, my gas petal punched all the way the floor, and...there is... NOTHING. I mean nothing. No gas, no engine. Complete shutdown. Going 65 miles per hour. I'm in the wrong lane. I can not pull over because there is a semi-truck to my right.

I have no control.

Time slows. Awareness fully kicks in. My thoughts are something like, "Fortunately there is not a car coming directly at me; grateful for that. However, at any moment that can change." Then I saw the dance with death that this Odyssey has been. I breathe deep. I turn on the right blinker, then turn on the hazards and asked for grace, "I need help with this."

Breathe in. It is clear to me, that I have complete control. Breathe out. Even when there is no control. (I did not choice cancer but I could choose how to respond.)

As the Saab begins to slow, and the semi-truck pulls ahead, I see that I can fit between the semi-truck and the car. I sense there was an angel in the car. I think, "You are going to let me in, aren't you? Even though a moment ago I passed you?" I needed to get over on the side of the road asap. Brakes feel weak, steering is stiff. The Angel in the car gave me space as I got over. (Thank you Angel driver.)

I pulled over to the side of the road, my right tires running over last year's corn stalks. I'm pushing the brake with too much force and getting too little response. I come to a complete stop.

Stillness.

Cars zoom past.

More Stillness.

I take another breath and start the car. NOTHING.

Three more attempts...nothing.
I ask for grace, again. And the car starts. Gratitude pours out.

I push the accelerator, at 10 mph my "zoom-zoom" is now going "boom-boom." Loud. Boom. Boom. This is not right. And it sounds like I'm dragging the exhaust pipes. I pull over, thinking that exhaust is easy to fix. I jump out to look and there is nothing dragging. Under my car the only thing I see is oil pouring out from everywhere as if my engine block exploded.

Just need to make it up the short hill to the mechanic before the oil is all gone. I jump in and get the car up to the drive. Motor sounds like it is eating itself. There are more lights blinking on my dash then I have ever seen. Feeling lucky that this could have happened anywhere...and it is happening here.

The mechanic has looked at it and the photo of the hand is a photo of the part of engine block. View attachment 273279
View attachment 273285
I will pick it up for 1000.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.