SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I have a 2007 saab 9-3 2.0t 60th anniversary edition that I bought used with roughly 77,000 miles on it.

Recently the fuel gauge intermittently stops working. When i start the car up it indicates everything correctly but after driving for a while, it goes to zero and then the low gas inidcatior lights up and the D.T.E says: --- even though I know that I have plenty of gas. When I turn off my car and turn it back on, the gauge works but then repeats the process. I roughly know how many miles the car goes before I have to fill up my tank, but would like to fix the problem without having to spend $300-$800 as some other people have posted.
Has anyone else had this problem? What exactly is wrong? How much do you think it would be to replace it?

This is my first timing posting in the forums, so thanks for any help you all can give!

·
Registered
334 Posts
Something like that happened to me before when i hit a big pot hole. As soon as i hit it, my gas gauge went to empty, but when i restarted the car it went back to normal.

·
Registered
12,509 Posts
Fuel Sender... very well known issue. It Can be DIY'd... put "fuel Sender" in search and a bunch of threads will pop up.....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts