SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a 2007 Saab aero. I wanna get more performance out of it but I don’t know what I should do first. I don’t know too much about cars so I wanna be sure I do things in the right order. Any suggestions? I was thinking a cold air intake and a tune but I don’t know what the internals are rated for... anyone out there wanna inform me on what this car is really capable of and if a tune would be too hard on it without changing anything under the hood?

·
Super Moderator
19,760 Posts
They do, but it sucks like most OEM intercoolers do.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I’m also getting an underboost error code but the turbo spools like it always has and it has no power loss. Pretty sure it’s a sensor, that’s what I have seen on other forums

·
Super Moderator
19,760 Posts
Sort faults before tuning.

·
Super Moderator
19,760 Posts
2003 2.0t with stage 1 tune

·
Registered
SAAB 9³ SS Aero AT MY06 Stage 3
36 Posts

·
Super Moderator
19,760 Posts
No. I hate the sound of 4 cylinders. Quiet is my riot.

·
Registered
2004 9-3 Aero, 2008 9-3 Aero, 2009 2.0T XWD
774 Posts
Vermont tuning will also do mail in if you ask. $600 was a lot for me when I first got the car. I replaced the fuel pump and coils and then got a tune.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I got a stage 0 from them. Was $600 and all I did was provide a vin. Received hand held tuner + tunes in the mail.

·
Super Moderator
19,760 Posts
Just put a drop in filter in there, like a K&N or something. The intake flows plenty of air, it's usually the paper filter being a restriction on most cars nowadays.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Stock 2.8 internals are very robust, many members are 500hp or more. If you are manual and get tuned, be prepared to do a clutch sooner than expected. Automatic will be fine, but perform a service if you haven't yet. Maintenance before mods, listen to Diggs. Underboost could be from a intake leak after the turbo, MAP sensor, etc. Check codes first.

·
Registered
498 Posts
I can vouch for VTuner on a 2.8!
Go with a Do88 intercooler if you can afford it. Catless 3” downpipe and midpipe from genuineSAAB and a drop in K&N filter as mentioned. Fresh spark plugs and ignition coils are a must if you don’t know the condition or history. The fuel pumps on these have a reputation for going bad so if you get a VTune, use the handheld Brian sends and log some pulls. Have him analyze pump performance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 19 of 19 Posts