SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to this site as well as the 07 Saab 9-3 2.0T I had just purchased today. Plus side, I fell in love with this car the second I was behind the wheel. Therefore I want to attempt to fix the issue I'm having with it myself to save money. If I'm able. The downside. I had to travel about 1.5 hours away to pick the car up from a dealership. The guy at the dealership said the car had just been traded in and was currently not inspected. I looked at it as a plus. Just another reason to talk the price down a bit. I bought the car for a very reasonable price and drove to a restaurant nearby and ate for about an hour. I then traveled the 1.5 hours home and parked the car at my mother's house to show her my new ride. She got in, started it, and checked it out. I then go inside and say my goodbyes and head towards my new car. I get in and attempt to start it. The car sounds as if it wants to start but WILL NOT turn over. I already love this car and want to try and solve the issue. Although my knowledge and my family and friend's knowledge of Saabs are not up to par. If anyone has any idea what the issue is please help me out. I don't want to take it to a garage because it would have to be towed and I really don't have the money to do that at this time anyhow. Anything would be greatly appreciated, Thanks!

·
Registered
283 Posts
First thing I would do is make sure battery is good. Can cause all sorts of finicky issues if its not in tip top shape. Do a search on this forum and you will find a fair bit of info on batteries.
I think the CPS should throw a code Mimmi? p0337 maybe.

·
Super Moderator
20,203 Posts
crank or no crank (i.e. it just clicks)?
If cranks over does the tachometer move when you do it?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It cranks over and sounds like it will start and then it doesn't. I thought the starter might be the problem but I am not a mechanic. The motor sounds good, just won't start.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I'm thinking fuel pump/fuel delivery. You can buy a can of brake cleaner (green stuff not red can- I forget the brand I like from Adv Auto). anyway, take off the lid to the air cleaner box and shoot some of the brake cleaner down the intake tube and see if it wants to start.
Thats always how i check for fuel delivery probs.

another fuel pump trick of mine is to bang on the area around the fuel tank where the pump lives to see if the pump will start working again.

nother thing: good battery, clean tight connections

1 - 7 of 7 Posts