SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I recently purchased an 07 Aero and it desperately needs front pads and rotors. A couple of years ago, I installed Meyle rotors and Akebono pads on the front of my 2006 2.3T, and I wasn't thrilled with the brake squealing afterwards. Ideally I'd like to avoid that this go around. Has anyone had any particular luck with any certain brands on pads?

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Akebono pads are typically about the quietest around. I've used them on several of my cars and have never had a squeak. Did you use grease or adhesive to stick the pads to the calipers? I do also have one car that has Bosch Quietcast ceramic pads on all four corners, and it's also nice and squeak free. That car also has Zimermann rotors. The others have ATE rotors.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I used the typical pad grease that comes with. I might just reorder some Akebonos. Now I just need to find my E20 socket...

·
Registered
5,676 Posts
I ran Akebono's on my wagon for almost 10 years and they always squealed when backing up. Now I have some Pagin brakes and they do not do that. And they stop great. But they are super dusty.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts