SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Started to open the top - got the "obstruction in boot" message. Popped the trunk - not much in there but a few towels, moved them/flattened them, then tried to open the top. It got 3/4 of the way then stopped. If I try to close it goes about 1/2 way then stops. I never looked that closely at it during the closing action (I guess), but it seems the panel with the rear window is jammed. It's sitting on the trunk lid, but also seems jammed against the rear seat (as if the opening isn't large enough). I can move it by hand or cycle it withe the hydraulics, but it doesn't seem to go beyond the point where the window section needs to move.

All ideas/suggestions welcome and appreciated.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, not sure exactly what happened... but after about an hour of struggling with the top - I reached around the back and grabbed the - middle bow? - and pushed it inward. That seemed to free the window section which seemed wedged. The top then went fully up but would not latch. I disconnected/reconnected the battery, opened the top just a bit - then closed it again and it latched. I think it will remain up until a sunny day next spring when my mechanic is available just in case.

·
Registered
65 Posts
My ‘05 had lost a bolt in the rear side rail which caused the top to skew as it operated. It was tough to get it to latch sometimes. Once the top was up the side rail could be moved up and down at the joint above the front side window. I replaced the bolt and all was well. I can tell you where the bolt is if that seems to be the issue.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts