SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2007 93 Sedan 2.8L V6 Turbo, does this car have a fuel filter? I purchased one to have installed, and the workshop information system says how to replace it. I call the dealer to get a price on having some service done and they tell me that it does not have a fuel filter. So, does it or doesn't it? And if you coukd post a pic of what it looks like I would appreciate it. The one I have is like a small cylinder with a little rod coming off each side for a hose to attach over. Like -0-

·
Registered
675 Posts
I have a 2007 93 Sedan 2.8L V6 Turbo, does this car have a fuel filter? I purchased one to have installed, and the workshop information system says how to replace it. I call the dealer to get a price on having some service done and they tell me that it does not have a fuel filter. So, does it or doesn't it? And if you coukd post a pic of what it looks like I would appreciate it. The one I have is like a small cylinder with a little rod coming off each side for a hose to attach over. Like -0-
Your car should have a fuel filter. Adjacent to the fuel tank underneath the rear of the car. :D

·
Super Moderator
9,438 Posts
the US 2.0ltr didn't have a fuel filter,so it's possible the 2.8 doesn't either..maybe just in europe it's fitted..

·
Registered
69 Posts
The fuel filter on the 2007 is integrated into the fuel sender assembly in the tank and is designed to last for the "life of the pump." There is no longer a serviceable filter on the vehicle.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The fuel filter on the 2007 is integrated into the fuel sender assembly in the tank and is designed to last for the "life of the pump." There is no longer a serviceable filter on the vehicle.
Thanks for the info, appreciate it.

·
Registered
3,754 Posts
Good to know. Thanks.

·
Registered
21 Posts
It is interesting that the dealer was going to charge me to replace mine as part of my 30,000 mile service. I am past my free service period (36mo) and this was going to be the first one I had to pay for. When they quoted me $500 I asked them to print out the work they were going to perform. Other than "checks" this was going to be $500 for a new air filter, cabin air filter, oil change, and *phantom* fuel filter. $80 and an hour's work and it's all sorted and I saved enough for a cross country airfare.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts