SaabCentral Forums banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5,873 Posts
roflcopter said:
I just bought my 07 9-3 2.0T Sport Sedan this weekend. Brand New, only had 64 miles on it at time of purchase. At about 250miles the time for service light came on. I usually just hit the clear button to get it off the SID, but it comes on not everytime, but most of the time after i warm it up and let the car idle down.

My relatives own the dealership I bought it from and they said to not worry about it, but will this affect my warranty if something were to happen to it?
That is how the indicators work. Your clearing is just good for the day and will show up the next day, etc. Your car was obviously made over a year ago and that why the service light came on, 10,000 miles or 1 year, whichever comes first.
To maximize your free service drive the car for several thousand miles then bring it in at 4 or 5,000 miles for the oil change.

·
Registered
130 Posts
one thing I did notice, not sure if this has anything to do with it, but the clock was set to the year 2003, so I had changed it to 2008 and the next time i started my car is when it started doing it. does this have any bearing on it or was it just coincidence?

i guess its just a little annoyance I'll have to deal with. ill probably take it in in a few months to get it looked at for some rattlings ive noticed on rough roads and a couple plastic parts taht the sun got the better of while sitting on the lot. nearest saab dealer is over an hour away though.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts