SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've posted a want ad about this too but would anybody know where to source original roof bars such as the ones shown in the image below? I'm hopefully going to buy a 9-5 wagon soon, it's quite a nice car but doesn't come with those roof bars unfortunately. I love the look of them but I can't find a place that sells them unfortunately. I'm in Toronto and would travel or consider postage costs at a push

·
Registered
7,753 Posts
Are you talking about the side bars that run front to back on either side? If so, it looks possible to fit them to a wagon that came without them, but it looks like a procedure that will at least require pulling the headliner. Saab also made crossmembers for these bars, which are available occasionally used.

Alternatively, the wagon without those side bars can use the Saab crossbars that fit 9-5 sedans as well. These can be mounted as required, and will support 100 kg, which is the roof load limit anyway.

My wagon has the side bars, and I'm not a fan. They make removing snow from the roof a pain. I have never used them to carry a load, although I do have a set of the crossbars just in case. (I have used removable crossbars on my NG900 a fair number of times.)

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've posted a want ad about this too but would anybody know where to source original roof bars such as the ones shown in the image below? I'm hopefully going to buy a 9-5 wagon soon, it's quite a nice car but doesn't come with those roof bars unfortunately. I love the look of them but I can't find a place that sells them unfortunately. I'm in Toronto and would travel or consider postage costs at a push View attachment 268568
If you're getting a 95 wagon without roof bars it's a rare option keep it that way but if need be I may be coming up to Canada next month and could possibly bring a set to you.

Tyler

1 - 4 of 4 Posts