SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So as I mentioned in an earlier post, I has having issues with my car alarm going off in the middle of the night for no reason. I would walk out and put the key in the ignition and start the car and it would go off.

I was told that the car has a primary and secondary alarm and then when the batteries on the secondary alarm go bad, the alarm randomly goes off. I've seen on numerous Saab forums across the web that it is located under the drivers side front tire wheel well and can be removed (I don't care if the back up alarm works). When I took the front tire off and peeled back the plastic in front of the tire, to my surprise I saw no alarm. It's simply not there. The only thing I could see was the wiper fluid reservoir and tubing. I even looked all around the front tire area there is no alarm there. Does anyone know if the 2007 9-5 has this alarm in another location?

It hasn't gone off recently, but fingers crossed....I'd like to avoid it from happening. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Your car probably isnt supposed to have the backup siren according to the WIS.
Note point 11 second pic

Your problem is likely one of the sensors having a fault.
Someone with a Tech2 should be able to troubleshoot by testing each of the sensors individually.

You could try setting the alarm to doors only...think you press the night panel button prior to alarming the car...if the problem goes away at least you have narrowed it down. More details should be in your manual.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Used to be a problem batteries internal siren box(275).
I happened the same problem with the Tech2 you can verify that it was a mistake transducer angle(457) of the car, I deleted the error ( B **** , can not remember) , he has not returned to give problems.: Sorprès;

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.