SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Saab suddenly started shaking violently and lost power without warning a month ago. Went to local shop, had spark plugs replaced, happened again, code to replace throttle body, same issue a few days later. Towed to Saab certified shop, not throttle body code, but throttle pedal. They drove it for 100 miles, no issues. I got it back and the issue repeated 30 minutes later. Car runs but can only go 20 mph, engine shakes hard enough to rock car. Steering is tight. Already spent thousands, any ideas on what to do next? Thanks for any thoughts, car only has 21k mileage, perfect interior/exterior, can't justify sending him to Saab heaven!

·
Registered
13,812 Posts
Hi and welcome.
What spark plugs you have now?
What coils you have now?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sounds like coil/s failed,get a code reader plug it in and post any code/s present pending or otherwise..
Thanks for responding, I don't see any coils codes on my invoice. I don't have expertise on this. When the Saab mechanic pulled codes, he didn't get one for throttle body like other shop, just throttle pedal. Got some other codes for electrical system, said they wouldn't affect car running, but none are listed. I'm trying to get some additional ideas for the Saab shop, since there aren't any other codes, and they aren't sure what to do next. It's a car, it shouldn't be this hard to diagnose!

·
Registered
13,812 Posts
You can check spark plugs and coils yourself.
Pull them out and read.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You can check spark plugs and coils yourself.
Pull them out and read.
Again, thanks for responding, but I'm not someone who knows how to do that. I'm researching so that I can have the shop I'm paying to do it. Maybe I misunderstood the purpose of the site. I visited years ago and it was a place to discuss or gather information. I'm trying to avoid turning this into an endless money pit, with no solution, other than relying on codes to solve the problem, sorry if I wasted your time.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts