SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all

So I have had my '07 for about a year or so, has driven fine for me, have replaced all coolant hoses over the time i've had it and done some other maintenance but for the most part it always ran good. Until recently.
first off, i have no external oil leaks, but i kept smelling burning oil (had a bad valve cover gasket when first bought it but i replaced that), i suspect the turbo is burning the oil internally. and i'm also seeing some signs of burnt coolant on the outside of the turbo. Now, the issue i'm having lately is when i first start up the car it sometimes starts up then dies, or it runs real rough, stumbling and when i drive slow and come to a stop it dies. codes I have are p0441 p0446 p00EB
anyone chime in here?

·
Registered
372 Posts
My guess, purge valve.

I have a new one sitting on my desk, if you happen to need one. I purchased the wrong one, need one for the V6.

Attachments

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hmmm i replaced that one with a new one about 7 months ago
could it have failed again? i bought a Bosch one

·
Registered
372 Posts
Sounds like it would be something else then. Don’t have too much experience with the 4 cylinders.
Was it the same codes 7 months ago that lead you to the purge valve?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no i replaced it from a recommendation that they go bad, my old one was fine at the time

·
Registered
372 Posts
I'm guessing you don't have the old one? If so, i would swap it back.
All the hoses/pipes connected to the valve are still intact?
Lastly, the valve you removed does it look like the one in my picture?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yes it does, and yes i still have the old one, I just have to find it! but i am also suspection the close valve under the car near the tank
one of the codes that came up were about the close valve and also the iat sensor in the charge pipe.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts