SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi first post here, I have a 2007 93 2.0t, over the years I've replaced all the parts in the front including outer tie rods, control arms, front shocks, I never touched the rear until a few weeks ago. I was always told the rear bolts were seized so I cut them out and replaced all the camber and toe bolts. All new control arm stays, and all new rear lower control arms i thought it was the rear that was throwing it off because i wasnt able to get it adjusted until yesterday. Just got an alignment yesterday and the rear is now in spec and car still pulls to the right.

The paperwork says the camber is out of spec on the right side but shows it being too negative. I know it's non adjustable but just ordered a set of camber bolts Everything I read on the internet says a car pulls to the side that is more positive. From the paperwork the right side is more negative so I'm confused. Will camber adjusting bolts added to the front of both sides being adjusted to spec and equalled out fix this problem? Also how do you fix the caster out on the left? Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just for a easy try…rotate the front tires from side to side. See if she pulls to the left.
Could be a tire issue.
I'm due for a rotation so I'll rotate them when I get home and see if that makes a difference. Either way the addition of adding the adjustable front cam bolts should make a difference right?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Your camber is about .50 degrees off from specs, not a crazy amount IMO. Camber bolts would do the trick, if you want to get it closer.
How severe is the pull?
I would swap the front tires and see what happens.
I always have to keep pressure on the steering wheel to the left just to make it not want to steer right. If I let my hands off the wheel on a slight long bend on the highway the car steers itself to the right so it's very annoying.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
I figured out the problem. The rear right tire on passenger side has about half the tread of the others and is a different model tire. I put it on the front driver side(opposite side of the pull) and now it 100% fixed the pull and is straight as an arrow and steering wheel is straight. There is no vibration or anything at all at 80-90mph on the highway.

My question is, if I put a new tire on in place of that, won't the problem return? If so, would it be able to be adjusted out and get it to drive the way it is now? It drives perfect I would just like a newer tire. Probably just going to drive it how it is for now and keep an eye on the other tires for uneven wear because I do 170 miles each day.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Glad you figured it out...now go buy a Prius or a Honda Insight! With that commute the money you'd have saved in gas alone would pay for the car! I know a guy with a 100 plus mile each way commute like that...he put 300k miles on his car & was still in the original brake pads/rotors. Gotta love highway miles.

FWIW I would just replace both front tires for the peace of mind.
It's only for 1 year while I go to this school so I don't have to do this for too long. I'm getting 28 mpg so not too bad. Do you think that adding a new tire in place of this half worn tire will cause the pull to come back? I feel like it only fixed the problem because of the fact the tire isn't as tall as the passenger side

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I found a matching tire to my other 3 that I just bought so going to have it mounted soon and get him to adjust the front cam bolts I ordered, plus the bad tire has 3 plugs in it so its garbage anyway. He said he will put it back on the rack and make sure it's alright aftet the tire and bolts are adjusted but with my luck it will still have a pull after all I've done to it. If so I'm gonna just deal with it and sell it next year when I graduate

1 - 9 of 9 Posts