SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I'm looking to purchase a 2007 Aero with 78k on the clock. I had an independent Saab shop give it look They did a great job and told me that mechanically, there are no issues. It runs and drives excellent and the clutch is smooth.

However, when he scanned the car he got some stored codes relating to the airbag. The airbag light does come on at start-up, but then goes out as it should. There is no cel. The owner replaced the front spoiler and window regulators in the back and thinks he may have unhooked the sensors while working on the car and that is why the codes are there. If the codes are cleared and do not come back after start-up, can I assume all is ok?

Can someone tell me if this is likely? The only other issue is that the hood was repainted, but there was no evidence of any other body work.

Thanks and I appreciate any feedback!

Jamie

·
Registered
347 Posts
Did you check it on carfax? Why was the hood repainted? With the hood being repainted, the front spoiler being replaced and the airbag throwing a stored code I would be asking questions.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
do you know if the car was tuned? with my Vtune every time I allow the car to go through its entire check after a reflash, it tells me "airbag malfunction contact service" but that goes away when starting the car again. i'm not sure if that is throwing a code, but its just a possibility.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Have no idea if the car was tuned. My guess would be no.

Here are the ACM codes that were stored:

B0031 - Second row left frontal stage 1 deployement control
B0083 - Second row left seatbelt load limiter deployment control
B0020 - Left side airbag deployment control
U1601 - general fault

Can you get these codes by unplugging a sensor? My concern is whether the car was in an accident and had the airbags deployed.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Red flags abound with this one my friend. $0.02: keep looking.
Many thanks.

I agree. With the fact I have no service records, I think I will pass on this one. It has been for sale for 2 months and he has lowered the price to $11k. True market value for this car in average condition is $9.2k.

There are some good Aero's out there for under $15k which is what I am looking for. I will keep looking!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts