SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the forum and just picked up a 2007 9-3 sedan with the 17” tires and ( whiplash) sport suspension a few people have mentioned here,
My question is can I swap out the sport suspension to a normal suspension as I’m in the Windy City and potholes and bumps are everywhere. If yes any recommendations on a budget friendly swap. Also how can a dummy like me test the shocks if when I press down on the hood it doesn’t budge hardly. It’s stiff as hell and I really don’t want to disassemble to find out shocks are fine. Thanks

·
Registered
45 Posts
Welcome to the forums. I will wait for somebody to confirm this, but I believe that the short answer is yes. You can indeed swap the sport suspension (Aero) with the standard suspension (2.0T). The strut/spring combo will be interchangeable.

You can find suspension kits on esaabparts.com (the house brand uses Bilstein struts and quality springs...I am thinking of pickup up a set for my car actually) or you can go for an OEM option. I think there is another parts retailer (eeuroparts.com?) that uses Sachs struts/quality springs in their products. Personally, I would stay away from other aftermarket brands.

Regardless of whether your Aero suspension is overly worn or not, swapping to the standard suspension will be an improvement in terms of ride height/comfort. It sounds like ground clearance is your main objective anyway, so I wouldn't worry too much about whether your current setup needs to be replaced. Even if the Aero suspension was new, it would still probably ride too low for Chicago winters.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts