SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Team,

I'm experiencing some rough misfiring during acceleration and my CEL is on.

I have been scouring the forums for fixes to these various codes, all of which seem plausible but can have widely different fixes. I have been plagued with cylinder gasket leaks and I have changed all of my coils and plugs twice since July 2019. I replaced the valve cover and cylinder gaskets and finally seem to have gotten the leaks to stop but, while the CEL turned off for a few days, it's back even though there is no oil choking the coils. The scanner at Autozone gave me these four codes.

P0300 - Random Misfire Detected
P1312 - Ignition Coil "B" Primary/Secondary Circuit
P1340 - Ignition Current Sense System Cylinder Synchronization
P1342 - (No Description)

AutoZone recommended to replace the Ignition Control Module.

The forums breakdown each of these codes (sometimes paired with other unrelated codes) and possible fixes but before I replace all the coils with proper Saab ones (as suggested by 1.8t,2.0t,2.0T (B207) Correct Engine Ignition Coils,P1312 Code Read here 1st.) and replace the ICM as suggested by AutoZone, is there anyone who might have an idea as to what would cause ALL of these together?

This has already been quite the process. I appreciate the help!

Thanks,

Kolt

·
Super Moderator
20,053 Posts
wrong coils

Reactions: michellellang1

·
Super Moderator
8,922 Posts
ionization module failures are rare,99% of the time it's the coils,as diggs says..

·
Super Moderator
20,053 Posts
I have this exact car, exact problems and have paid top dollar to a local foreign car mechanic! Unreal! Thanks for the info!
Hi Michelle,
Do give this a read:

·
Super Moderator
20,053 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Michelle,
Do give this a read:

I did and I can’t wait to get this information to the mechanic & have things done right! I am so grateful for this information & I am quite sure this was not followed.....it will be soon! Thanks again!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
coils worked then?
Diggs I'm still on the hunt. I've ordered a few sets of the high dollar ignition coils from Intermotor and they never send me four of the correct part. The writing on them will be different or none at all and it varies coil to coil. This is very frustrating.

I'll update when I finally catch 'em all though.

Thanks again for the help.

·
Super Moderator
20,053 Posts
Order used ones from Neobros off the net. Or go get some from a junkyard.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I've got a set coming tomorrow of the Duralast ones from AutoZone. If I don't have any luck with those, I'll check out neobros for sure.

·
Registered
2,617 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Finding the "reliable Saab place" is the difficulty lol. When I got the intermotor ones from advance, 1 of the 4 actually looked like the picture. The others didn't have any writing at all. But thank you for the link. It's a good reference.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts