SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Saab 9-3 1.8t 2007
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saab 9-3 1.8t 2007(facelift)

I got this problem a week ago where i got in the car and the sound just wasn't there. I have the 7 speaker system, I think it's called premium 150 or something. It supposedly has an amp in the front and one in the trunk. The radio still lights up and all the menus and the SID works fine and indicator signal can still be heard.

I've checked the relevant fuses in the trunk and the driverside fusebox and I've unplugged the battery for a while to reboot the system.
I've removed the head unit and everything looks fine at the back.
I've inspected the rear amp and found no fault.

Anyone else dealt with this problem before? I've read other posts about similar issues, but most concern pre-facelift models. Can someone confirm if my model does indeed have an amp in the front? I plan to examine the front amplifier tomorrow, and see if i can get a hold of a kindhearted saab-driver who could spare his headunit for a test. If you have any insight or advice on how to fix this problem, or how to rule out the amp in the front or the head unit, I'd be grateful.

·
Super Moderator
20,203 Posts
2007+ do not have amp up front under seat, only in rear. The amp might look fine but may have failed. That would be my first guess and instead of finding someone to swap head units find someone to swap amps. Easy to swap too.

·
Registered
Saab 9-3 1.8t 2007
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
2007+ do not have amp up front under seat, only in rear. The amp might look fine but may have failed. That would be my first guess and instead of finding someone to swap head units find someone to swap amps. Easy to swap too.
Thanks, will do! That pretty much answered my question for now. I've been thinking about getting an aftermarket amp, but can i just slot it in like i could the original?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts