SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was trying to roll down the rear drivers side window on my 2006 Saab and the only response I got was some ticking (motor?) that sounded like the window was trying to roll down. After about 30 seconds, the window rolled down a few inches. The same lag was experienced when holding the button down and attempting to roll it back up. This happens from operating the window from the left rear window switch and the driver's switches. Could this be a window motor issue, a pinch issue, or something else. Should I try window pinch calibration? The battery did die a few weeks ago so could that contribute to this window's problems? All other windows work fine. Thanks for all your help.

·
Registered
551 Posts
I was trying to roll down the rear drivers side window on my 2006 Saab and the only response I got was some ticking (motor?) that sounded like the window was trying to roll down. After about 30 seconds, the window rolled down a few inches. The same lag was experienced when holding the button down and attempting to roll it back up. This happens from operating the window from the left rear window switch and the driver's switches. Could this be a window motor issue, a pinch issue, or something else. Should I try window pinch calibration? The battery did die a few weeks ago so could that contribute to this window's problems? All other windows work fine. Thanks for all your help.
time for a new window regulator, its the mechanism the glass window holds and travels upon when the motor turns clockwise or counter clockwise allowing the window to go up and down...

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
time for a new window regulator, its the mechanism the glass window holds and travels upon when the motor turns clockwise or counter clockwise allowing the window to go up and down...
Thats a shame. A little pricey. Would it be the whole window regulator assembly or just a part of it like the window roller?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts