SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A Couple of days ago I had to lock up my brakes on my 2006 Saab 97X. This caused an 80 lb valve that I was transporting to come crashing into the gear shifter then the dash and finally falling into the floor. Immediately after this the ABS light, the engine light and the brake warning light all came on. Nothing electronic works inside the vehicle including the cigarette lighter, the dome lights, the automatic windows, the door locks, the seat controls or the cruise control. The rear tail lights do not work, however the brake lights and blinkers still work. The key becomes harder and harder to turn in the ignition and it's hard to remove from the ignition. The vehicle feels as though it is struggling or that the transmission is bogged down when accelerating from a stop. The vehicle also feels as though the brakes are partially engaged when moving.

This is the weirdest automotive issue I've ever encountered, and since I know very little about automobile electronics, I'm asking here for suggestions as to the problem and how to proceed.

·
Super Moderator
2,188 Posts
Wow…I’d say pop the center console apart and look for obvious damage is likely the first step? You don’t even know what got screwed up yet so I’d start by looking for the obvious.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Just a thought, because of the similar issues with dash lights and accessories not functioning in my 9-7x. Maybe the valve hit the ignition switch and damaged it somehow. my switch failed and i am have the same issues as you are. Currently searching for replacement ideas and how to.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts