SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our 2006 Saab 9-7x collided into another car’s back end (no turn signal). The car made it home and on a couple of runs. Abruptly, the car began starting up then cutting off. I have read extensively about a dreaded “fuel cutoff/inertia switch.” Where might I locate this switch to perform a reset? Thank you in advance!

·
Registered
980 Posts
Typically they're installed in the glove box or under the dash panel on the passenger side.. if not there your definitely going to have to look it up in the owners manual.

·
Registered
7,815 Posts
I don't think that's how inertia switches work.... at least they don't in other cars I've owned. Once tripped they have to be manually reset. They typically don't operate intermittently - it would defeat the purpose.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Typically they're installed in the glove box or under the dash panel on the passenger side.. if not there your definitely going to have to look it up in the owners manual.
Thank you so much for your reply! You’ve been quite active in the forum, so I’ll bet you really know your stuff. Any guidance you can offer us would be very greatly appreciated! We’re still trying to figure out the Saab problem. The car starts, then abruptly stops running. If there’s a way to bypass the inertia switch (which we have not yet located), I would be quite interested in learning where it can be found! My father is an electrician, so he can follow detailed instructions. Thank you!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts