SaabCentral Forums banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
8,047 Posts
Cable is for auto trans. Sounds like you have a manual. You have to align the shifter, and also make sure the 5th gear guide is intact.

Search for "Saab 9-5 gear linkage adjustment", there are plenty of resources, or get WIS from the general topics Tech II section and do it the official Saab approved way.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Cable is for auto trans. Sounds like you have a manual. You have to align the shifter, and also make sure the 5th gear guide is intact.

Search for "Saab 9-5 gear linkage adjustment", there are plenty of resources, or get WIS from the general topics Tech II section and do it the official Saab approved way.
you can have the shifter mechanism rebuilt.....Google it.

·
Registered
495 Posts
I was never able to release the shifter cable from the shifter lever, I could never disconnect the shifter cable from the lever inside that aluminium case that holds all the shifter parts - I had stripped a car and had the entire case out but always the main cable connected and could not find any info how to release the links and connectors of the cable and where it connects to the shifter. Reading your post it seems like you have sorted how to disconnect the cable and so I was wondering if you can give any points on that?

21 - 23 of 23 Posts