SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out to my garage this morning and tried to start my car - it turns over fine but won't start. Everything looks electrically fine, but it just doesn't finish starting. Where do I start? It seems to be a fuel issue, but i don't know how to test anything fuel-related. There's enough gas in it so that's all good.

There is the amber engine light on for a bit just before I turn the key but I think that's normal. The light goes out while it's cranking.

There hasn't been any indication of a problem, this just starting happening out of the blue...

Anyone?? :eek:

·
Registered
811 Posts
What have you tried?

Good evening,

Just wondering what you have tried so far to get it going? Have you disconnected the battery for 20 mins and re connected and tried to start? Have you tried jumping it yet? When you crank it, do the lights dim? I think we need a little more info first. I am in Airdrie and will do what I can to help another SAAB owner. But first, more info is needed!

Try disconnecting the battery for 20 mins first, re connect and see what happens.

Drew

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for th reply!! I haven't tried anything yet. I'll try disconnecting and reconnecting the battery in the morning and let you know what happens. I haven't tried boosting it, as the battery shows no sign of lack of power - the lights don't dim whle it's cranking, but the dash lights look to go dim a small amount when its cranking...but I think its always been like that. The cranking is steady and shows no boggy sounds of a 'dieing battery'.

If the battery idea doesn't work, could I maybe call you (on Sunday) and discuss this? Please let me know. I plan to have it towed to the dealership on Monda morning otherwise.

It's very strange, as it didn't show any signs of problems at all that I could tell - this just happened this morning out of the blue...

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer!!

·
Registered
6,410 Posts
An engine that cranks on start, but shuts down on run... this most often seems to be the fuel pump in these cars.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts