SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in basically the twin cities Minnesota. Anyone know where I can get this done? It's like a bad omen or something. Everyone is like, ohhhh a Saab? We can't do that one... Anything would be helpful since my kid lost my fob and my Honda broke the timing belt yesterday. So I have nothing at the moment......

·
Super Moderator
8,914 Posts
if you haven't got any fobs then a new one can't be added without removing the CIM and sending it away to have fobs programmed to it....

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Why u wana update the CIM software !
i dont know what kind of black magic happens inside the CIM when u update it, but why u care ?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Why u wana update the CIM software !
i dont know what kind of black magic happens inside the CIM when u update it, but why u care ?
Because i use some tools for programming all key lost situation and if corrupt the sw
I want to know if i can restore sw of ecm or cim, etc to the factory mode

Sent from my SM-J415F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
If A module has already the latest software version it cant be programmed or reprogrammed . If it has previous versions and u corrupted it then u can try to update it which will install new Calibrations to it as long as it is communicating properly, if u lose communication then u lose the ability to program it.
is this helpful ?

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Because i use some tools for programming all key lost situation and if corrupt the sw
I want to know if i can restore sw of ecm or cim, etc to the factory mode

Sent from my SM-J415F using Tapatalk
There are virgin CIM EEPROM images at trionictuning.com that have been tested. They assume flashing the entire EEPROM contents.

Reactions: klisenko
1 - 13 of 13 Posts