SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just received the pricing for euro delivery on the 2006 9-3's. If the euro delivery program for 2006's is the same as the program for 2005's, then there is a 9% discount off of MSRP for the base vehicle price and a 7% discount for options and packages. Assuming the discount is the same or similar, you can easily extrapolate the MSRP.

Without further ado, the
euro delivery prices are as follows:

1. 9-3 Arc Sport Sedan - $23,570
2. 9-3 Aero Sport Sedan - $29,030
3. 9-3 Arc SportCombi - $24,480
4. 9-3 Aero SportCombi - $29,940
5. 9-3 Arc Convertible - $33,220
6. 9-3 Aero Convertible - $38,130

Euro Delivery Options Pricing:

Sentronic Auto - $1,280
Mica/Metallic Paint - $520
Cold Weather Package - $520
Navigation System - $1,900
Power Moonroof (Arc Option / Aero Standard) - $1,140
Premium Package (Arc Package) - $1,800
Premium Package (Arc Convertible Package) - $1,800
Touring Package (Aero only) - $1,140
Blue Top (Convertible only) - $570
Roof Rails (Sport Combi only) - $240

·
Registered
55 Posts
Seems a bit odd.

So a loaded Arc will barely cost around 28K?? I find that somewhat hard to believe considering that my 2004 Arc, loaded with every option minus navi was stickered at 38K. A 10K drop in price would be hard to fathom and just plain stupid. Might this absolutely kill the resale of anyone who has a 2004/2005 if a new Arc is selling for 5K less than they owe on a 2005 for example? Ouch.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Sorry

My math was a bit off - actually looks like 31K for a loaded Arc without Nav. Still that represents a significant drop in price.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Wow that's cool information to know. An Aero for $29,000? Sign me up please. Forget that GM Employee Discount pricing, that fabulous, ridiculous, ludicrous...

·
Registered
130 Posts
Maybe I just read it wrong or something, but those prices are the Euro-Delivery discount prices. When I read that, I naturally assumed the discounts had been worked into them.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Is that supposed to be in Euro's? I can't believe they'd come down, much less by 20-25%

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
MX-5.0 said:
Is that supposed to be in Euro's? I can't believe they'd come down, much less by 20-25%
?????????

No offense, but I believe your math is just a bit off ... current Aero prices start at $34k .. the price listed ($29k) is about 11% (give or take) less ... and that includes the 9% discount for Euro delivery from what I read in the post. If you roll back out the 9% savings, you come up to about $32k. If $32k is the right MSRP, then GM is pricing the new Aero at a savings of less than 6% from the current model.

There has recently been talk (and discussion in the News forum) about GM, who most people think mark up their product too much, reducing MSRP for all new models in a move to stimulate sales. Keep in mind, GM has been hurting for a while, and truly reduced pricing (not just short-lived programs like Employee Pricing) for all models is most likely the best move.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
smicallef427 said:
BTW... are they stopping Linears?
Yes and no. No more 175hp 2.0t engine offered, so the base is the Arc/old Aero engine (& the new Aero gets the 250hp V6 turbo), but the base trim level will be about the same as Linear with the Premium Package making it like the current Arc.

EDIT: I am speaking only for the North American market; globally things are a bit different ... just like always ;)

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
smicallef427 said:
Maybe I just read it wrong or something, but those prices are the Euro-Delivery discount prices. When I read that, I naturally assumed the discounts had been worked into them.
I'd say you hit right on the head

Rob in Atlanta said:
Without further ado, the
euro delivery prices are as follows:

·
Registered
609 Posts
So just to clarify, those prices include the discount and the $2000 travel stipend? If so that makes much more sense. That makes the base price of an Aero sedan around $34k +. Still, that is MSRP which is laughable with any GM product... except maybe Corvettes, Hummers and Escalades!

Just makes you think that Saab resale values aren't so bad. Everybody figures the MSRP to their sale/ trade-in value... People always say I have a 1 year old $38k car that is only worth $25k... too bad they only paid $33k for it...

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
These are eurodelivery prices and thus already represent a discount from the MSRP for a vehicle delivered stateside. The discount off of MSRP for eurodelivery in the past has been 9%. I do not have confirmation if that is the case now, but I suspect it to be so.

As for the travel allowance, the website has that listed and my dealer has not informed that the allowance is discontinued.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
lbh2315 said:
So a loaded Arc will barely cost around 28K?? I find that somewhat hard to believe considering that my 2004 Arc, loaded with every option minus navi was stickered at 38K. A 10K drop in price would be hard to fathom and just plain stupid. Might this absolutely kill the resale of anyone who has a 2004/2005 if a new Arc is selling for 5K less than they owe on a 2005 for example? Ouch.
That's the Euro delivery price ... if you roll back all the discounts a "loaded" Arc comes to about $31,700. Now the next question is what ~exactly~ the Premium Pckage offers; my understanding is that it moves the trim level from "Linear-like" to "Arc-like". I don't see Driver's Package or Xenon lights offered here ... that would explain some of the difference b/w this price and your price ...

·
Registered
266 Posts
Perhaps the lower overall price reflects GM's intention to lower list prices on all cars so they don't have to use all the rediculous incentives/discounts they've been using this year...?:confused:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Well, don't "complain" ;), here in Norway we have the following prices:

9-3 SS Aero: $87000
9-3 SC Aero: $89000
9-3 Conv Aero: $84000

A 9-3 SC Vector 1.8t (150 bhp) costs "only": $55000

·
Registered
299 Posts
fyi:
german prices:

9-3 SS Aero: $44000
9-3 SC Aero: $...?
9-3 Conv Aero: $52000

A 9-3 SC Vector 1.8t (150 bhp) costs "only": $35500

·
Registered
11 Posts
from cars.com...

Can't find it now, but cars.com had pricing for 2006 earlier today. I don't remember too much except the 2.0T sedan, MT, starts at $25,900.

I'll try to find the page.

EDIT: found it.

http://research.cars.com/go/crp/summary.jsp?logtype=6&aff=national&call=crp&makeid=42&year=2006&modelid=1502

2.0T sedan $25,900
Aero sedan $31,900

Options:

Sentronic $1,350
Cold Weather $550 (heated seats, headlamp washers)

2.0T Prem. pkg. $1,895 (saab infotainment, 300W audio, remote window open, xenon lights, power pass. seat, foglights, etc.)

2.0T Prem. pkg. with Nav. $ 3,890

2.0T Moonroof $1,200

Nav. $1,995

Aero Touring Pkg. $1,495 (auto-dim rearview mirror, park assist, rain-sensing wipers, remote open windows, mem. seats)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts