SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Car was all fine but parked for 4 days since last Thursday afternoon, last night I need to take that car out and the car won't crank, headlights, dash lights are all on, but just won't crank, changed another key, same no crank no start, other functions of the keys work just fine. Also when turned the key, the steering wheel didn't unlock, then I can hear some fast clicking noise from the dash. I didn't have time to scan the code but on the center small console it only shows headlight leveling isn't working but I don't think it would cause no crank issue. After key in position 2 for while, CEL light is on. What is could be? I know there is a fuse #2 so I will check that after I get home today.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bad battery.
Yeah, measured battery voltage is at 11.4 volt so it definitely needs to be charged, but I thought even with 11.4v battery might not have enough juice to start the engine but it should still be able to crank, is that not the case?

ISM issue?

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
You need 12V to CIM, BCM, ECU etc otherwise you do not have starter voltage.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It is the battery!

I fully charged the battery overnight and measured at 12.4v but car still won't crank, then voltage dropped to 11.4v, I even removed starter relay and tried to jump the starter, it won't energize starter solenoid, so I removed the battery and went to Advance Auto to get the battery tested, the result was surprising, the voltage was fine but it only got 4cca while it should have at least 500cca, no wonder it won't crank. The battery has no label to tell how old it is but looks like original. I went to Walmart to get a new H6 730cca battery, put it in, fired right up, measure the voltage while is idling, 14.6v so alternator is good.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts