SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if there's a 2006 Aero in the NYC tri-state area yet (NY/NJ/CT)?

I've seen the 2006 2.0T already, but I'm interested in seeing/testing the Aero.

Thanks!!

:D

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
one of the biggest saab dealers in new york is in kingston about 1 1/2 north of nyc its called roberti saab. If anyone has one yet it would be them

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
vectorX said:
one of the biggest saab dealers in new york is in kingston about 1 1/2 north of nyc its called roberti saab. If anyone has one yet it would be them
Thanks! I checked their on-line inventory and it does show some 2006's. But no Aero's yet!! :lol:

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Jim Ellis SAAB on Peachtree Industrial Boulevard ("PIB") had a 2006 Sport Combi on the lot. They said it was SAAB USA's car and not for sale. It was the base model and not the Aero. It was Fusion Blue with parchment interior - a rather handsome combination. The Fusion Blue is akin to the lighter steel blue that was available on the OG 9-3's - I don't know the name of though.

The dealer said his first Aero, of either SC or SS, is currently scheduled to arrive in late October. My salesman told me that the Aero I'm picking up in Sweden at the end of September will be in the first lot of 100 Aeros being produced for the North American market.

I looked again at the 2006's that he had on the lot, both the SC and SS. None of them had an OnStar button. The dealer said that OnStar is not an option on the order sheets either. So, unless SAAB changes something, it is confirmed there is no OnStar for 2006 9-3SS's. The interior seems pretty much unchanged, but the fit and finish seemed to be a bit better than the 2005's. It's very very subtle, but it seemed some of the surfaces felt higher quality. Also, there is some sort of passenger air bag indicator light now by the customize button and knob. I don't recall this on the 2005's.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
I wouldn't try finding aero's just online they are usually way late or completely off all together with their oline inventory I would just start calling places and asking thgem what they have on their lot right now. When I found my aero around I was looking online and eventually started calling the places only to find out many of them had aero's that weren't listed on the online inventory.

·
Registered
38 Posts
A salesman at Herb Chanbers Saab in Boston told me that the Aeros won't be coming in until mid October, and the Sportcombis in Novemenber. Waiting sucks.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
new salem saab is in upstate new york where a freind of mineworks he doesn't think we'll see anything until after the holidays

1 - 7 of 7 Posts