SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
My 06 aero with 145,000 miles was running perfect until tonight when I get a CEL code P0303. Car missing etc. I am second owner and bought with 113,000. I have never changed coils or plugs while I’ve owned and don’t know if ever done by previous owner.
Would like the correct stock plugs to replace and coils? Want to make sure I get the correct parts. Rock auto has the Bosch, are those ok?
Engine is stock

thanks

·
Super Moderator
18,987 Posts

NGK PLFR6C-10G plugs

·
Super Moderator
1,449 Posts
I would only do .032-.035. A gap of .044 is too big for boosted motors IMO and is one of the main reasons 2.8s go through coils. GM later updated the HFV6 motor to work off .035 in the ATS-V and that made significantly more power than the 2.8 with no misfire or coil issues.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
I would only do .032-.035. A gap of .044 is too big for boosted motors IMO and is one of the main reasons 2.8s go through coils. GM later updated the HFV6 motor to work off .035 in the ATS-V and that made significantly more power than the 2.8 with no misfire or coil issues.
That is good info right there. I’ll regap once I get tuned. As of now I only drive the car a few hundred miles a month and am not pushing it hard.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the reply’s. I’ve read .80-.90mm or .031-.035” is good. So you have answered my my question.

·
Super Moderator
1,449 Posts
If you get tuned, you really need to tighten the gap! Upping the cylinder pressure makes the chance of a misfire even worse. I ran 0.80mm (.0315”) on my tuned ‘11 9-5 Aero with the 2.8. Worked out great. I’m also a fan of the Denso Iridium IKH22, which is about one heat range colder than stock (great for tuned cars) and incidentally comes tapped at 0.80mm from the factory. ;)

·
Super Moderator
1,449 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,449 Posts
I am getting confused now. If I have a stock motor with no intention of tuning what gap should I be at?
See my previous post.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
All plugs replaced and one coil replaced. Runs like a champ now. Rear plugs and coils were not that bad to do actually.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts