SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After many years in the automotive industry and reading multiple posts on my issue I have come to the conclusion that my sending unit is/has failing/failed. I am the type that will attempt to do this on my own in my garage and can't foresee any issues in replacing it... so... my question is...

Out of all the aftermarket parts is there one brand/manufacture of the sending unit that anyone would recomend as best?? AC, Genuine Saab, Walbro, yadda yadda....

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
5,873 Posts
Pretty sure it's only going to be Saab.

And the sending unit can now be purchased and replaced independently of the fuel pump. Up to about 2006 the sending unit was incorporated into the fuel pump and the tank had to be dropped. Not sure of process for sending unit only.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Pretty sure it's only going to be Saab.

And the sending unit can now be purchased and replaced independently of the fuel pump. Up to about 2006 the sending unit was incorporated into the fuel pump and the tank had to be dropped. Not sure of process for sending unit only.
Can't it be accessed from the top of the car too? By cutting through the floor?

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
After many years in the automotive industry and reading multiple posts on my issue I have come to the conclusion that my sending unit is/has failing/failed. I am the type that will attempt to do this on my own in my garage and can't foresee any issues in replacing it... so... my question is...

Out of all the aftermarket parts is there one brand/manufacture of the sending unit that anyone would recomend as best?? AC, Genuine Saab, Walbro, yadda yadda....

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.
This is not necessarily the link I found before but it does talk about GM sending units and why they go bad and the fix they have to improve the unit. You might e-mail them and ask if they have it for a SAAB

http://tristarrradiator.com/GM Level Sensor Page/GM Level Sensor page.html

·
Registered
185 Posts
If your going to replace the fuel pump just go for a Walbro pump off Maptun, will be good if you plan on doing some future tuning :)

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
If your going to replace the fuel pump just go for a Walbro pump off Maptun, will be good if you plan on doing some future tuning :)
eh? Walbro you say?

·
Registered
581 Posts
the fuel gauge on both our 2.8's behaves the same...fine down to the 1/4 tank then its a guessing game..park the car and it shows 1/4..drive around the first bend and the low fuel light comes on only to go off a few miles of level road later.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts