SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Recently purchased a used 2007 Saab 9-5.

Like to know if it is possible to have the automatic climate control be off when you start your car? I prefer to manually adjust my own temp vs it always turning on the AC and highest blower setting...in this summer heat. (I see from the manual that I can program some of the other functions like seats and rear defroster but nothing about this.)

I remember I could do this with my 2005 Saab 9-3 via Tech 2 but could not find how to do this with the 9-5.

I have a Tech 2 and have gone into the ACC selection and do not see where I could do this.

There was a section to program the ACC for different countries and have done so again setting mine on US but that did not solve my issue.

Does anyone know what the other country ACC does?

Any help would be appreciated?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
It can be done on the pre-2006 9-5s without Tech 2 so I assume can be done on yours.

In the 2004 USA 9-5 manual its under Instruments and Controls> ACC>Programming 1 and Programming 2. In that book its page 82 so I expect yours will be similar.

I don't have 2006 manual to check.

Doug

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, as noted, have done this to my 2003 9-5 but could not find out how in my 2007 9-5. Seeing if anyone has done this? Thanks.

·
Registered
9,358 Posts
The GM-style ACC on 2006+ does not have the programming capabilities of the earlier models. You would not be the first person to gripe about this!

Only seat heat and rear defrost options can be programmed by user, according to WIS.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ACC Whirling Noise on High & Steering Vibration

Thanks guys for everyone's help. Thought I was missing something.

1) On a side note, like to know if it is normal for the AC/blower to make a loud whirling sound when on high?

So 2006+ 9-5 models with the new controls have 8 light up settings. After recalibrating the ACC, setting 7-8 makes this sound. It gets even louder when on recycle mode. (It was even louder before recalibrating.) Also it is louder when on AC

I do know that any blower would be loud when set on the highest setting but a humming sound on my 9-3 and bmw x3.

2) Vibration when AC is on is pretty bad. It is noticeable when AC is not on but acceptable. However, when AC is on, it can vibrate my dash and steering wheel. Any suggestions on reducing this.

(I remember my 2003 9-5 was notorious for this.)

I have already changed the plugs and done lots of other maintenance. I read the mounts would not do much in reducing it so wondering if it is something else?

I read changing the idle rpm would help and have done so with 50 rpm up or down on the Tech 2.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
A few things...

I am not sure what a "whirling" sound means, but I remember one time I installed the cabin air filter the wrong way and it made a high pitch whistling sound, especially noticeable at higher blower speeds. Removing and and replacing the air filter the correct way fixed the noise.

Regarding the vibration...I personally don't think it can be fixed. I have tried pretty much everything: Mounts, bushings, alternate serpentine belt, etc. I also tried the Tech 2 procedure (raised idle speed by 50 RPM)...helped a tiny bit. If you look on this forum, you will find long threads about the idle vibration, and most of us haven't fixed it to our satisfaction.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The whirling sounds like a tiny jet engine. Will remove my filter next week and see how it sounds like without a filter.

I just replaced it and made sure it was the right direction. And it did fit right when I placed it in.

Do not remember how it sounded beforehand.

In regards to the vibration, it is specifically when the AC is on that the very noticeable vibration is felt so wondering what can be done in relations to the AC, if any?

Thanks again.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I had a post 2006 9-5 for a short time and I seem to remember being able to program the ACC to be on or off at startup.

I found the instructions in the owners manual but it was something like turn key to position 1 and hold a certain button...

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Can you change it to manual setting (ie instead of auto) via the SID controls/steering wheel buttons?
This is how I sidestep the problem on the NG 9-3.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
All vents are opened. Also closed and open the vents and it did not help. Majority of the sound is coming from the driver side vents.

However just recently in a roadtrip, re-calibrated it 3x and it did get better and is bearable now.

For 9-5 programming, I checked the manual and can program to shut off other functions on ACC but not the AC.

Will see if 2006+ 9-5 can program it via the steering wheel though would think the manual would mention it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts