SaabCentral Forums banner

2006 9-5 Turbo??

282 Views 6 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  Windsor
OK, pleading ignorance on this (but learning). Other day, dash message indicated low coolant level. Popped hood and saw 2 things. 1) what I think is the heater hose leaking, 2) light smoke (like a candle wick) coming from turbo area?? Stopped driving right there, poured some water on the hot area where smoke was, and parked for now. Car starts fine, idles, etc., but I won't drive it until I have an idea what happened.
I've attached some pics of these 2 areas. Could someone verify just what they are, and what might have happened to cause the smoke?
Pic 1,2 are of the heater hose?
Pic 3 has a circle showing where smoke was coming from.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
355 Posts
looks like there is a coolant leak there. Youre going to have to take somethings apart to find it.

perhaps more of an issue is that it looks like you're missing an exhaust manifold stud in pic 3. The picture is also pretty blurry so I don't know what's going on.

· Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
looks like there is a coolant leak there. Youre going to have to take somethings apart to find it.

perhaps more of an issue is that it looks like you're missing an exhaust manifold stud in pic 3. The picture is also pretty blurry so I don't know what's going on.
The manifold studs are all there, just blocked from view. The pic is blurry right on the "plug" that was lightly smoking. It is exactly like the one on top in focus. Do you know what those plugs are? That's what I need to find out.
The leak is definitely the hose. I can squeeze it and coolant will spray. But what hose is it? It seems to lead to the heater core.

· Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Those are o2 sensors. You probably have a coolant or oil leak dripping in the area

Hose
[/QUOTE
From what I see in the diagram it looks like hose 12 Radiator Hose - By Pass Valve to Block is the leaking hose. And from what I've been reading, the 02 sensors aren't that hard to change out either. As mentioned, my problem is knowing what the parts are beyond basic stuff. Thank you so much for the info. Really appreciate your responses!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts