SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey. so I'm back. I'm hoping someone can confirm the location of the intake manifold. It is in the back of the engine on the 2006 correct? as seen in this picture? has anyone changed the gasket? from the picture below it seems impossible without removing the entire engine.... I have zero codes, nor is my performance or idle poor that i can tell, however ive been hearing a hissing sounds from the back after the engine warms up. i replaced all vacuum lines, and inspected everything. i know i have a small brake booster leak, but from a different area of the engine, the closer i get to the back of the engine, what i suspect is the intake manifold, the louder the hissing gets. i cant seem to find anything on the internet
Wood Gas Machine Auto part Motor vehicle

·
Premium Member
4,708 Posts
Start the engine then using an unlit propane torch blow the gas around the area you suspect of leaking, if the engine speed changes you have found your leak.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
that doesn't answer, i know its leaking, and i know its that piece on the back of the engine, i just want confirmation that that is the intake manifold

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
More specifically on the 2006. The only video I found was for a 2002 but it's on the front above the exhaust.

·
Registered
73 Posts
It could be the pcv system on the back of the engin under the intake manifold. I have had a few leaks there over the years.

·
Premium Member
4,708 Posts
More specifically on the 2006. The only video I found was for a 2002 but it's on the front above the exhaust.
No disrespect...do you understand the principles of the engine? Do you know where the air and fuel go in?

The intake manifold is where the air and fuel go in.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
The 4 cylinder petrol engines on 9-5s up to 2009 have been the same basic design which has the intake on the rear. In your pic, the bit with the red circular cap on it. The manifold on the front is exhaust.

To investigate manifold removal consult www.saabwisonline.com

1 - 8 of 8 Posts