SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I have a 2006 Aero auto. The flex flat cover at te base of the shifter lever has lost most of its pieces that flex as the shifter is missing.
Are replacements available and are they split at the middle so as to fit without removing the shifter?

·
Registered
8,837 Posts
P/N: 4777173.
No, but you can cut one side and glue it back.

·
Registered
7,893 Posts
yea, you can replace them.

To do it "properly" you have to take the shifter apart because the handle goes through the part. people have cut them and folded the part around and re-glued it with success. I've just bit the bullet and took things apart, it's not THAT hard to do.

Oh and be sure to remove all of the extra pieces that have fallen down into the slots below because if you don't you'll move the shifter and jam the new one up and bend it and it'll stop working.

the part is called a Jalouise and is available on eeuroparts and the other usual places

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys for all the help.
I did order one from Eeuroparts and will try and do the correct installation.
Can it be done from inside the car or will I have to get underneath while on the lift to disconnect stuff?
Ironically my Daughter's 07 has the same issue.

·
Registered
10 Posts
47 77 173 available from a well known Auction site. I recently passed on an almost new one from my 2.2 that I finally split. I paid £15 for mine but they're a lot more on today's listings!

Very simple to change, the retaining screw on the front of the knob/handle being the only tricky bit. Do take care with the sport mode switch wires if you have them though.

There's a small circlip that secures the end of the pull rod, easy to get on and off once you know where it is. Don't lose it though (I may have one if you do)!

Once the knob is off it really is a 5 minute out with the old, quick vacuum to get out the remains of the old and 13 years of crumbs and in with the new.

Let us know how you get on.

·
Registered
10 Posts
All very straightforward.... You may want to download a copy of the workshop manual (WIS). There are various links here and on line and they include a windows 8/10 version too.

·
Registered
526 Posts
actually can cause some tragedy doing this job. Done several times since but firt time I tore off the SPEED button wire at the terminal and there is no room to solder another. Had to extend the wire and then thread it back thru the bloody channels in the rubber bits and then press them back together without snapping any more wires,. I would definitely just do the snip method and stay away from discoinnecting the lever

·
Registered
105 Posts
When I replaced mine I did the "cheat"!
I cut it in two right at the little nub with a razor blade.
Once installed, it was prefect and worked great!!

·
Registered
10,276 Posts
Removing the sport button is the difficult part of the job on the early models, since it's soldered on. When I replaced the jalousie on my 2000, the sport button was broken, so I took the opportunity to install a new one and crimped lugs onto the wires, like the later cars had. It's so much easier to work on now. I'm going to do the same thing to the winter button sometime in the near future. Later models had it attached with crimp lugs, too.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts