1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
It looks like they have uniformed the Turbos being used in the 2.0l engines with the Garrett which was used in the 150 & 175bhp being dropped in favour of the Mitsubishi TD04 previosuly used in the 210bhp Aero only!?!

A Mitsubishi TD04 turbocharger, with an integrated by-pass valve, is used together with intercooling in all applications. It operates at 0.5, 0.7 and 0.85 bar maximum boost pressures, respectively, for the 150 bhp (110 kW), 175 bhp (129 kW) and 210 bhp (155 kW) engines. The latter also has altered valve timing.

·
Registered
379 Posts
from the the 'press kit: saab 9-3 sport sedan -- summary'

There are three ‘Forms’, or specification levels: Linear, Arc and Vector, plus an Aero high performance variant, the fastest-accelerating Saab yet produced, powered by the 250 bhp (184 kW) V6 Turbo engine.

i thought there are only going to be 2 types of 9-3--'regular' and aero.

·
Registered
815 Posts
As is customary whenever Saab do one of these press kits, I've reproduced the whole shebang at Trollhattan, in one loooooooong page for comparatively easy, i.e. link free, reading.

Part 1 of the The 2006 9-3 Sport Sedan is here.

Part 2 is here.

The same for the 9-7x is here.

Same again for the 9-3 SportCombi is here although the pictures don't work on that one as it was posted on the old site ;oops: .

NB - one thing to remember about this press kit is that it's the Euro press kit. Model variants and perhaps the 'forms' may be different in North America and elsewhere.

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
There is so much thoughtful design in these cars. I'm always discovering some previously unnoticed feature. For example:

Vertical wiper parking
If you want to cover the windshield - to prevent frosting up when parking outside or to help keep the interior cool in hot weather – the wipers can be parked in a vertical position by removing the key fob and pressing the control stalk once. Standard feature

·
Premium Member
31,228 Posts
I still giggle silly when I'm parked in a dark area like underground parkade and I show passengers the little green lights that are inside the front seatbelt buckles :cheesy:

·
Registered
150 Posts
saab9x said:
from the the 'press kit: saab 9-3 sport sedan -- summary'

There are three ‘Forms’, or specification levels: Linear, Arc and Vector, plus an Aero high performance variant, the fastest-accelerating Saab yet produced, powered by the 250 bhp (184 kW) V6 Turbo engine.

i thought there are only going to be 2 types of 9-3--'regular' and aero.

If you are a North American then you have only two versions, standard and aero, but you've only ever had the luxury of the more powerful versions, whereas we have more choice.

But in the UK we don't have Arc, although we have Linear Sport and Vector Sport, so you can actually specify a:

Saab 9-3 Sport Saloon, 1,9 Tid Sport Diesel Vector Sport.. Sport:roll:

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Fla2Cali said:
I thought we were going to get 3; a Linear w/210hp, Arc w/210hp, and Aero w/250hp....??
Here's my understanding:

We get the Aero & a non-Aero with the 2.0T engine. The non-Aero will come in base trim much like the Linear and will have upgrade package(s) that raise the trim level to something like the Arc, but there will not be designations of "Linear" or "Arc"

Of course, who knows? They changed the Vector to the Aero and call the "base" 9-7x an Arc ... anything could happen I guess.

·
Premium Member
31,228 Posts
I believe the "Regular" and "Aero" differentiation only applies to the North American market but not for the global market. I could be wrong. Actually if you go to saab.com and looked at the other countries' sites, you'll see a whole wack of trims from Linear, Linear Sport, Arc, Arc Sport, Vector, Vector Sport and then Aero.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts