SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
There is a one page article on the 2006 9-3 SS Aero V-6 in the latest Motor Trend. They est 0-60 in 6.0 seconds. The pic of the back shows dual exhaust.

·
Registered
250 Posts
July Automobile magazine also has a brief write-up. They say the six cylinder sedan will hit the showrooms in late September with a stick price $1500 above the current Aero at $33,570 (est $35,000). Aero V6 versions of the convertible and SportCombi hatchback will follow in December. The V6 will be matched to manual or manu-matic six speeds.

Barry
'04 Nocturne Blue Arc SS

·
Registered
98 Posts
Well uk time are

2.0T 7.5 0-60
2.8T 7.4 0-60

ill be saving my 1700 pounds and buying another 2.0T
even the dealer said he wouldnt buy the 2.8T

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
ianaphillips said:
Well uk time are

2.0T 7.5 0-60
2.8T 7.4 0-60

ill be saving my 1700 pounds and buying another 2.0T
even the dealer said he wouldnt buy the 2.8T
Why are people so obsessed with 0-60 times, it's one of the most useless measures of a cars performance ability there is.:roll:

The V6 Aero will trounce a 2.0T one in the mid range, which is it's Raison d'Etre.

But 1700 squids would almost pay for a Hirsch upgrade on a 2.0T, which would get my vote instead of the less eco-friendly V6.:cheesy:

·
Registered
5 Posts
aeropilot said:
Why are people so obsessed with 0-60 times, it's one of the most useless measures of a cars performance ability there is.:roll:

The V6 Aero will trounce a 2.0T one in the mid range, which is it's Raison d'Etre.

But 1700 squids would almost pay for a Hirsch upgrade on a 2.0T, which would get my vote instead of the less eco-friendly V6.:cheesy:
Not to mention the extra weight of the V6 and increased tax liabillity for us company car drivers. (trying to convince myself now I've ordered my Aero 2.0T)

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
aeropilot said:
Why are people so obsessed with 0-60 times, it's one of the most useless measures of a cars performance ability there is.
The 0-60 time lets you know if you can scream onto the freeway in Los Angeles traffic .... only to screech to a halt again.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
I'd have to drive the V6 and hear the exhaust and feel the low to mid-range torque before I'd be able to tell if it's worth the extra $$. Given the numbers on a stage 1 PPC for the 2.0T, imagine a stage 1 for the V6! :eek: :cheesy:

·
Registered
177 Posts
My 2.8T Sportcombi will arrive in late October.:cheesy: The correct 0-60 time is 6.9, it would however, be a lot quicker with AWD or RWD, but its overtaking figures are amazing, it will supposedly be one of the fastest in its range, a very close call between BMW 330i, Audi A4 3,2 Quattro and the Saab. Take a look at this video of the new 06MY 9-3 Sportcombi Aero and enjoy the sound of that new Holden built V6 :p
Oh, and this test is made by a Swedish journalist, in short he says that it´s a really good car and the V6 has got more than enough grunt.

http://www.aftonbladet.se/atv/index.html?catID=10&clipID=933

Edit: I´m sorry, my bad on th 0-60 figures, I just assumed that 60mph equals 100 km/h, when in fact, it´s 62 point something...

·
Registered
177 Posts
Hehe,

He says that the car is about the same size as Volvo V50, and that the comfort is great, and the handling is outstanding. And some more...

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
mbodo said:
The 0-60 time lets you know if you can scream onto the freeway in Los Angeles traffic .... only to screech to a halt again.
You have a point there.....:lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
563 Posts
am i alone here?

When I found out a 2.8v6 turbo was on its way to the 93, my first thoughts were, which bank do i 'make the hit on' in order to place MY order :p

However, I am a little let down as to the performance. My point is this, Audi had a 2.7 v6 turbo ages ago pumping out a good bit more. ( audi s4) and the performance of that is fantastic.

I also had a front wheel drive Vauxhall Cavalier, (ex police car) V6, NO TURBO, and that didn't suffer from hardly any torque steer, had around 200 bhp (slightly tuned) and we timed my car at 0 -60 in 7 dead. (calibrated speedo too) this was also 2.5 litre not 2.8

So on learning that the new saab v6t only has 250, was a bit disapointing. Offset with the heavier weight, and 0-60 is only .3 sec better than a standard 2.0T aero... think if i got one now, i'd feel a little be short changed.. what do you chap think?

Also, not sure I agree that 0-60 is no use. if you are looking down a nice dual carriage way... empty sitting at the lights in your new v6 93, then an old 330 bm pulls up along side, he IS, if he wants, going to make you feel a little silly!

·
Registered
177 Posts
My guess is that the 250bhp is just 250 to give some room for the upcoming 9-5 Aero which will have 280BHP. I´d say you will easily put 300 BHP with a little nice chip from BSR etc. Problem is getting all that power down in the asphalt with FWD. The Audi A4 3,2 FWD is around 1 second slower 0-60 than the Quattro version. The new V6 from Saab will really show itself off from 50-70 mph (or any overtaking figures you would like) But yes, it really could be faster from 0-60, but does that really, I mean REALLY matter?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts