SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I have a 2006 9-3 Aero 2.8t, 6Spd. It has just under 60,000 miles and runs great...when it starts. Randomly, either hot or cold, it will not turn over. I place the key into the ignition and attempt to start, all the panel lights come on so there is power just nothing from the starter or the engine. The battery is good, 5 months old and had it tested with and without a load. Originally thought it was the ISM, so had that replaced...no dice. I started to think it was the CPS and or the DIC, but my mechanic is "sure" it isn't. I don't mind paying to fix it I just need to know what I need to fix. I think it might be some worn out wires that need to be replaced. Anything will help. Thank you. Oh yeah one more thing. Sometimes when driving down the road, all the panel lights come on and gauges freeze at their current position. The car will drive fine and then after a random time, the lights will turn off and the gauges will start working again.

·
Super Moderator
8,928 Posts
are cars don't have a dic they have individual coils,cps/coils wouldn't stop an engine from turning over,you've eliminated the ism so that leaves battery or cabling to starter

·
Registered
5 Posts
Saab 93 aero 2.8 convertible won't start

I have exactly the same problem with my Saab, did anyone see a resolution to this problem.... Took my Saab to Saab of Tampa charged $1866 for changing parts that did absolutely nothing for the problem. Looking through this forum and saw this post which is exactly the same problem.... Unfortunately I am 4 years late on this post :(.

·
Super Moderator
20,063 Posts
I have exactly the same problem with my Saab, did anyone see a resolution to this problem.... Took my Saab to Saab of Tampa charged $1866 for changing parts that did absolutely nothing for the problem. Looking through this forum and saw this post which is exactly the same problem.... Unfortunately I am 4 years late on this post :(.
Give us the back story.

wont crank?
cranks but wont start?
happened out of the blue?
what was replaced?

We like stories.

·
Registered
5,459 Posts
Give us the back story.

We like stories.
;ol;;ol;;ol;

Have you tried jumping around the starter relay in UEC fuse box to see if starter is working and wired correctly? This is super easy to do and will take literally 5 minutes to check. It is the procedure used during a compression test.

https://app.box.com/files/0/f/339341060/1/f_12012528510

You can just touch a jumper wire between indicated terminals (30 & 87) with NO key in ISM (ignition Switch). If starter turns engine over you can rule out starter wiring and starter. If not then you might have found it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts