SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the dealer told me its the amp, because only the right side speakers work. theres a company in new york that fixes them but thats still kinda pricy.

new from dealer $800
refurbished by new york company $350

anyone had to deal with this?

any easy fix solutions?

·
Super Moderator
9,684 Posts
MY03-06 dash or MY07+..

know this may sound silly,but you have checked that the balance is in the middle and you haven't accidentally turn the right side off..

·
Registered
381 Posts
I'd rather just short them out at the plug and have right right and left in parallel than pay that.

What are the chances of just one channel failing on that amp? I would have thought all or nothing.

·
Registered
5,873 Posts
Is this AMP1 under the drivers seat (left side)? If so they commonly fail and I believe can be repaired vs. replaced.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ya its the amp1 under the seat. took it out and apart. it does have some rust on it but its not crazy. it did go away one day and then came back for last winter and then in the summer it went away again. and its still only on the ride side now. :confused:

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
MY03-06 dash or MY07+..

know this may sound silly,but you have checked that the balance is in the middle and you haven't accidentally turn the right side off..

ya ive looked for that so many times. the only balance this model has is front to rear. no left to right.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thats fader control..balance doesn't appear on the screen it's just fader,i think.. :confused: it's been that long..;oops:

it's on the volume knob pretty sure,you pull the knob to adjust the balance..

i will go check. if this fixes it, i WILL find you! and kiss you!! hahaha:cheesy:

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
MY03-06 dash or MY07+..

OMFGG!!!! YOU WERE RIGHT!!! HAHAHA I FEEL STUPID:roll:

i never knew the volume button controls the balance, it doesnt say it near the button or the manual, ive looked threw everything in the manual. ugghhhhh a year of music only on one side. ahh im soo happy!!!

thank you sooo much!!

·
Super Moderator
9,684 Posts
;ol;;ol;

i've just dug out the manual for the audio system the icm1(no screen)icm2(green screen)say on the unit pull for balance,but for some wacky reason it's not on the icm3(sat nav)..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts