SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody,

I am new to the Saab world as I have recently bought a 2006 2.8L 9-3 Aero manual transmission. I need some help passing inspection and hope someone can diagnose what I should do next given the codes my BlueDriver scanner is giving me.

I bought the car knowing it needed some work done to it as the P2187 code was present telling me that the system was too lean. Without fully diagnosing the problem I have replaced some of the vacuum system lines including the brake booster hose line and the brake vacuum hose pipe that connects to the rear of the intake manifold. Also replaced the EVAP purge valve, PCV hose from purge valve to intake manifold, and PCV hose from brake vacuum hose pipe to intake manifold. And finally I decided to change out all 6 spark plugs and ignition coils while I had the ECU and vacuum parts disconnected.

After driving it about 250 miles over the past few days on the highway with traffic and without traffic and also some city driving I have not seen a check engine light which I suspect is good right? I plugged in my BlueDriver scanner to do a smog check before trying to get a sticker and it is telling me that the vehicle has not yet completed the evaporative system test. Along with that, I did a full scan of the vehicle and got zero confirmed/pending/permanent trouble codes but got numerous other codes that I am hoping someone can help me out to define as the BlueDriver device only tells me so much.

Also important to note that the car does have a stage 1 tune from one of the previous owners that I know nothing about. Not sure if that could be throwing things off? Not sure how reliable the BlueDriver scan tool is as I have only ever used it on my GM trucks. Should I bring the car to a mechanic with a tech 2? Or has the car just not finished its drive cycle? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Anti-Lock brake system codes scan report
U2105 (lost communications with engine control system)
Driver info center codes scan report
B3598 (no description)
C0547 (vacuum sensor supply voltage circuit/open)
Power take off module codes scan report
B1000 (ECU malfunction)
B1023 (no description)
B3057 (no security code programmed)
B1019 (no description)
Human-machine interface module codes scan report
B1016 (VIN information not programmed)
Amplifier codes scan report
Parking brake codes scan report
Engine control module codes scan report
P0463 (fuel level sensor "A" circuit high)

·
Registered
6,212 Posts
Hi and welcome to SC.
First clear all codes and ensure that you have fully charged battery.
Which spark plugs and which coils? Only NGK spark plugs and only original coils will work.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi and welcome to SC.
First clear all codes and ensure that you have fully charged battery.
Which spark plugs and which coils? Only NGK spark plugs and only original coils will work.
I will clear the codes and test the battery tomorrow or over the weekend and get back to you. I unfortunately bought the plugs and coils at O’reilly so they are definitely the wrong ones. Plugs are E3’s and coils are MasterPro. I plan on buying ALL Saab parts through esaabparts.com from here on out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts