SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I am now looking into either trading in my car, or just selling it by myself.. The reason for selling it now is that I found an '06 Aero on Autotrader that is fully loaded, navigation, etc. and black which is my color of choice with 23k miles for a decent price. My 2006 9-3 Aero has around 47K miles on it now, and has always been serviced at Shaw Saab of Norwell, MA and will soon have the 45K service and I will have the rear rotors and pads replaced while its in there. On top of that, it will also have a Stage 1 full detail and I will throw in the Lexol leather conditioner and cleaner with the sale.. I have the upgraded sound package on my Aero, sunroof, power drivers and passenger seats, cold weather package, etc. but other than that not much other extras. Basically, I would like to get around $17,000.00 for this vehicle. Do you think that's too much for the miles on it? I worked up in Bar Harbor, ME this past summer and drove home quite a bit so obviously these are mostly highway miles.. It has the CPO 100,000 mile warranty and the only modifications I have done to it is the BSR Optiflow air filter and the GenuineSaab 3 point sub frame brace. Also, there are a couple of small scratches from the previous owner which I can take a picture of but I kept this car in pretty good shape. Here is a picture of the car for now and below is a link to my Cardomain site. Thanks for looking..

Here is the car I am looking at:http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.j...=Manual&max_price=&cardist=133&standard=false

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3372813

G

·
I would like to get around $17,000.00 for this vehicle. Do you think that's too much for the miles on it?http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3372813
Yes, that seems too much. Why wouldn't I buy the car you're interested in instead? It has lower miles, nav system and you can probably talk the dealer down to $17-18K. I have looked at many used Saabs in the last few months and I think you're looking at $12-13K for a private party sale and $10K trade-in for your car if you're lucky.

I hate to bring bad news but you asked for opinions on the price.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Yes, that seems too much. Why wouldn't I buy the car you're interested in instead? It has lower miles, nav system and you can probably talk the dealer down to $17-18K. I have looked at many used Saabs in the last few months and I think you're looking at $12-13K for a private party sale and $10K trade-in for your car if you're lucky.

I hate to bring bad news but you asked for opinions on the price.
Thanks for the quick reply. Yeah, I just checked Edmunds.com and it is exactly what you just said. Around $12,000 to $13,000 private party and even less for the trade because they need to make a profit too.. Thanks for the advice.

On a side note, it looks like I may just keep the car.. Doesn't make much sense for me right now due to the cost unless someone comes along and is really interested in this.. Price would be just like you said.. around $13,000 or more hopefully...

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I will let you know hopefully soon. I need to talk to my parents about what I can afford or if this would be a good option for me as well.. I should have a good idea at latest on Tuesday when they get back from their trip.. In the meantime though, do you think my offer is pretty reasonable?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Buying on Wednesday... I'll be at work in Franklin before I head out. I'm very interested so let me know as soon as you find out. I'd like to take a look at yours before I head out to a couple dealerships. Thanks

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey. Yeah, so I actually decided that I am just going to keep the car.. Good luck though with your search and thanks for the interest in mine.

·
Registered
51 Posts
im selling a 2006 93 aero 2.8 v6..boost gauge intake full 3 inch exhaust...message me or text me at 5706479209....57,000 miles on it 6 speed

1 - 9 of 9 Posts