SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had my car into the shop for AC issue .. the AC would run for 5 mins then blow cold air. AC runs longer when its cooler outside
The garage checked everything

they think the ECM or PCM is bad

ECM/PCM Power relay low Circuit
Engine coolant blower motor 1 short to earth
Engine coolant blower motor 2 short to earth

they checked AC charge and compressor is good all connections have been tested and everything it good just the PCM thinks there is a bad ground.

so after 300 bux I get the car back still no ac .

now driving home it really revs out before changing gears .. and it takes a long time to accelerate.

they are saying I need to replace and reprogram the PCM .

can I grab one from the wreakers or will it need to be reprogrammed ?

also would this affect the transmission ? or just the AC ?

·
Super Moderator
20,205 Posts
Sounds like you also have P0686? Yes, bad ECU.

·
Registered
253 Posts
My ac had a similar issue, as soon as it called for high speed fan mode, the ac would turn off, even though it was going into high speed mode. Fans, relay mod replaced, no effect.

Save yourself some time and money and just jump the ac comp relay and enjoy cold air. You will need to put a relay in the jump, switch it w a switched 12v in the fuse/relay box underhood, if you dont it will drain the battery.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I did jump it from the relay .. if I jump the relay then everything runs good .. my only concern is.. can I leave the compressor on for too long ?

·
Registered
253 Posts
I was worried about that too, but ive had it jumped for 2 summers now, all good, knock on wood-your results may vary. Lol. If you are nervous run a switch inside, so you can turn it off when you want.

·
Registered
13 Posts
My ac had a similar issue, as soon as it called for high speed fan mode, the ac would turn off, even though it was going into high speed mode. Fans, relay mod replaced, no effect.

Save yourself some time and money and just jump the ac comp relay and enjoy cold air. You will need to put a relay in the jump, switch it w a switched 12v in the fuse/relay box underhood, if you dont it will drain the battery.
Hi there, I think mine may have a very similar issue. My air con seems to shut off the moment higher speed fans come on or the temperature is too hot. It may not be exactly the same, I'm not sure. I'm not that great when it comes to cars but I'm always happy to be handy (replace actuators etc) - is there any way you could describe how to do this in lay terms please? I.e. what i would need to buy and where to put it. Just so I can give it a try. Appreciate the help!

·
Registered
278 Posts
Thanks for the comment. I would do this if it would definitely fix it, but I don't have any codes on Tech2. I would have thought codes would generate if the ECU was faulty?
Sorry. My answer was for OP.

You may have a faulty fan ecu. Get an old one to try.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts